*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1865037-One-Nation-Under-GOD
Rated: 13+ · Other · Political · #1865037
My views on the God issue in our nation.
One nation under "GOD". These words seem to stur up such a debate today in the United States of America. It's sad that we have parents complaining their children should not have to say the pledge of allegiance. We have people saying that "In God We Trust" should be removed from our currency, and last Christmas we had people complaining about a nativity scene.

Our founding fathers based this nation on their belief in God. It is sad how I must sit back and watch this nation fall apart and forget it's beliefs and the people who helped build this great nation. Now I am not saying I don't respect other cultures and religions. I respect other religions and cultures. I mean, I like some things about Japanese culture. I like to meditate, and do some techniques they have been noted for. But when I meditate my time is relaxing and talking to God.

I believe in freedom of religion and beliefs, but I feel that one person's religious beliefs should be kept to ones self. For example, if you are Islam, do not protest someone for having a nativity scene in their yard. If you don't want your kid saying the pledge of allegiance, instead of filing a lawsuit on your child's school, just talk to the school board and I'm sure they will respect your beliefs. So I feel this world would be a better place if people would just keep their religion to themselves and not protest things just because of their beliefs.

Too everyone who has read this article, thankyou for taking the time to read this. I hope I did not offend anyone. May everyone stay true to their faith, and may no one argue with someone, or protest someone else's beliefs. The way I see it, if you don't respect someone else's religion, then they will never respect yours!
© Copyright 2012 Russkie27 (russkie27 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1865037-One-Nation-Under-GOD