*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1865125-Hunters
Rated: 18+ · Sample · Action/Adventure · #1865125
Secret organization of assassins/mercenaries. Not a lot written right now forgive mistakes
The sun’s light bore down on the bloody, beaten body. Above, vultures circled in the sky, waiting for their opportune moment to pick at the flesh. As Romeo Santiago neared the bloody mass, he took a sip of his water. The heat of the desert was near unbearable this time of year. He wondered how someone had managed to wander this far into the desert.
As he walked closer to the body, he saw that it was a young woman. He knelt down beside her head. Her flame red hair was a mess and mixed with blood. Her clothes were ripped and she was cut and bruised. She bled steadily from a wound on her side. Romeo looked up towards the yellow cliff face.
“There’s no way in hell you could have jumped.” He said and then turned back to the woman, “You musta pissed someone off though.” He moved a strand of hair from her face partially revealing a tattoo of a howling wolf on her neck. Romeo squinted, he’d seen that tattoo somewhere before, but he couldn’t quite figure out where. There were more tattoos on her arms. Numbers, they looked like dates. Then down on her left hand said Aequitas. On her right hand, Misericordia. Her right hand was clenched. Just as his fingers touched her hand, a spluttered cough escaped her mouth. He jumped back and stared at her.
“There is no freaking way you’re still alive!” he said in disbelief. As if responding, she coughed again, spraying blood into the air. Romeo acting on instinct and checked her pulse. Sure enough, she was alive. Her eyelids fluttered open to reveal beautiful green eyes. He stared at her in shock. She blinked a few times more before moaning in pain.
“Holy shit!” Romeo said, “How are you alive?”
The redheaded woman coughed once more, spraying blood droplets onto Romeo’s face. Her mouth moved to form a word, but she lacked the strength to speak.
“What? I don’t understand. What are you trying to say?” he asked in a hurry. The woman rolled her eyes, and with her left hand grasped the front of his shirt tightly, and pulled him towards her mouth.
“Get me…the fuck out of here!” she wheezed, coughing more blood.
© Copyright 2012 Amyy Noir (amyynoir at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1865125-Hunters