*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1865307-Letter-To-GOD
by Sum1
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Other · #1865307
A short letter to God, asking him to guide the human race.
Letter To GOD


Dear God,
         I know it’s been a while since we last talked, and I apologize for not talking earlier.  I need to bend your ear some and ask a favor of you.  No God, it’s not for me, you’ve given me plenty of blessings in my life, and I’ve never thanked you enough for those.  But I know you can look in my heart and see how thankful I am for all that I have.

         What I need to talk to you about, is the place you’ve given us to live.  It is wonderful, all one has to do is look around and see beauty in everything.  There’s just one small problem with it; you already know what it is, but I have to talk about it.  Somehow, my race has forgotten how to live peacefully, both with themselves, and with Mother Earth that you’ve so kindly provided for us.  Greed has taken over the minds of those who are in a position of power.  Not just country leaders, but those who lead the large companies that are supposed to provide the food and sustenance that we all need to allow us to live.  Look at the pollution in our beautiful lakes, slowly drying up.  Our oceans are becoming bare as we kill off creatures you created.  Trees that regenerate the oxygen we need to breathe are being cut down faster than ever, and emissions caused by our industries are slowly warming the Earth.  I hate to say it, but if mankind wasn’t on this planet, it truly would be a paradise.  We’re like the smallest of parasites living on a host, with no care for the host at all.  We think we are so great, but not one of us has invented a life form in our form yet.  If we keep going the way we are, we’re going to kill this host, (our Mother Earth) and mankind will go the way of the dinosaurs.  So my request to you is this….

         Please talk to those who lead us.  Let them hear your voice the way I hear it when I am troubled.  Talk to the leading members of each country, each corporation, and each religious group.  Show them our foolishness, our greed.  Show them that without this paradise we live on, we are doomed.  Let them see that no matter how we worship you, you love us all.  There’s no need to make war against our own kind, no need to enslave others to do our bidding.  We don’t need to have more money than we can use to live on; all we need is each other, and a willingness to get along.  No my Lord, I don’t expect people to love everyone, that might be asking too much.  But tolerance for others and their views or religions, acceptance of those who are different from most others, and a willingness to see the broader picture are a few of the things we should focus on.  And if I’m wrong God, please correct me now, show me what we really need.  I’m only human after all; I can’t see around me sometimes, my inner sight falters.

         I know I won’t hear you actually speak to me, or to any others.  What you tell others will be seen in how they lead, how they (we) work to change the world.  I will hear your voice by following the path I know I should.  I only hope that I live life the way you meant us to, and once I’m gone from here, maybe I’ll be remembered by a few people.  If not, that’s fine, I’m just Sum1 after all.

         Thanks for listening God, I appreciate it.


Me
© Copyright 2012 Sum1 (jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1865307-Letter-To-GOD