*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1865946-Childish-Behavior
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest Entry · #1865946
Two former best friends have words over the ruined friendship and why it happened.
                          "Get over here Marcus, I told you about talking to strangers."





                          "Wow Cheryl really? I went from being your best friend of fifteen years to being a stranger?  So you gone keep walking like I'm not talking to you?"



                  "Look Lisa our friendship is in the past and that's where I left you. Now if you would excuse me, I need to get back to my grocery shopping."



                "You can't seriously still be upset with me because your son lost a fight he started. I mean, what did you think would happen Cheryl?"



                "Your boys double teamed my son and you did nothing about it Lisa!"



                  "Marcus was the one who felt froggy and leaped not once but twice! My boys stand up for themselves and protect each other at all times, you know that."



                  "That's what I'm saying Lisa you condone that type of behavior. You know,I wouldn't have been mad had you let one of your boys fight my son one on one.  But you stood right there and let them jump my son."



                  "Just like you standing here defending your son, I'm always gone defend mine. I stopped them from hospitalizing the boy, but he got what he was asking for."



                    "I am going to walk away from you because you are starting to make my blood boil."         

       

                    "Come on Cheryl, we used to be able to talk about any and everything and now we can't get pass a simple fight amongst children?"



                    "No, what we can't get pass is the fact that it was wrong and you refuse to acknowledge that!"



                    "Okay Cheryl what do you want me to do apologize? Reprimand my boys?  What exactly is it that you want from me?"



                    "Lisa, it's too late for all of that and it wouldn't be sincere.  We can't go back in time and to be honest I really wouldn't want to. You wasn't that great of a friend to begin with, so I'm gone to continue to live my life without you. Have a nice day."



                        "Well I guess there's nothing more to say.  I will leave you be, you will come to your senses one day, and when you do you know how to find me."



                      "I came to my senses, that's why we are no longer friends."
© Copyright 2012 I'm jus sayin (imjussayin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1865946-Childish-Behavior