*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1866550-WWIII-Part-1-United-We-Stand-Chapter-5
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · War · #1866550
Take it at all costs. Get them out of there. Meeting adjourned.
Nightfall, Just Outside Enemy Prison Camp

                                       Chapter 5

“Are you guys ready or what?” Blackout said as he looked back at us.

“Just got done putting all of the silencers on the rifles,” Blitz told him as he stood up.

“Good let’s get going,” Blackout said as he waved to Banks who was about 15 yards over with another group of troopers.

We started out of the trees, and if someone would have seen us I think they would have given up right there because we were here to do business. We marched silently forward, three identical groups of troopers in lines three wide and five deep behind a squad commander. The rest of our men would stay behind to start a diversion battle in the morning so that we could evac safely. We reached the walls of the complex completely undetected by the two spotlights in the towers. The complex was shaped like a U once you got in through the central gate that blocked off the open part of the U. Two towers were standing on either side of the main back building which held the cells and the prisoners. We were going to focus our attack on the main building so we crept backs to the wall all the way until we reached a good point to put our explosives for entry into the building.

“Here, I’ve got the Silent Explosives,” Blitz said as he handed them to Blackout.

The cool thing about Silent Explosives is that they don’t make the explosion noise that other explosives like C4 make when they go off. The only thing that anyone on the other side of the wall will hear is the giant chunks of bricks and concrete dropping to the floor, or they might see the small flash that the charge made when it went off. Blackout set the charge and signaled for Blitz to set it off. With a click of a button there was a hole in the wall big enough for an average man to slip through with ease.

“Go, go, go,” Banks whispered as troopers began to step in and aim weapons all around the room within.

“All clear sir,” someone said as we finally got to step through and into the dark storage room ahead of us.

“Thanks Reaper,” Banks said as we formed up again.

“Alright split up, Gold Team you’re in charge of laying explosives in case we need a quick escape diversion,” Banks said as he pointed to the group to the far left.

“Blue Team, you’re on cell duty and prisoner rescue duty with me,” Banks said as he pointed to the center group of troopers.

“And Green Team, you’re job is to gather Intel and hopefully find a quick exit route,” Banks finished as he pointed towards us and our little squad.

“Good luck to you,” Banks ended with and we spread out in our own ways towards our objectives.

We walked cautiously through dark corridors and empty hallways for about 10 minutes before Blackout stopped us and turned around.

“Alright the way to properly have a squad would be to know all of your call signs,” he said as he looked at all of us.

“Since there are 15 of you I want 15 names,”

“Rusty, Sifter, Blitz, Fix, Stitchwork, Blazer, Raptor, Lucky, Maverick, Stoic, Gator, Viper, Deuce, Hecto, and Fury,” were the responses one after one.

“Alright, I’m Blackout,” Blackout responded as we continued on down the hallways.

We stopped several times and heard the movement of guards in hallways over from us. Finally, the time came when we had no more old service hallways to use and we had to stray into the main halls. We started up the stairs to the floor just below the main level and heard voices at the top of the steps.

“I’ll take them,” Blackout whispers as he bounds silently up the steps.

He got to the top pulled his newly silenced pistols out so fast that no sound was made. Putting one behind each enemies head he pulled both triggers with a couple of pings and both men fell to the ground instantly gone.

“Let’s go,” he said turning towards us.

We got to a room not even three feet down the hall and found a bunch of recording equipment. There was a guy asleep at a desk in front of some monitors with encrypted messages on them. One shot from Blackout’s pistol and he crumpled to the ground.

“Fury and Hecto hide the bodies somewhere,” he said as he motioned back out in the hallway.

After they left Fix and his new found Tech friend Deuce worked on decoding the messages. I talked with Sifter and Blazer about anything that came to mind.

“All done let’s go,” Fix said as he pulled out a flash drive and stuck it in his pack.

“Same formation,” Blackout said as we walked out of the room and back into the hall.

We got about another 15 feet and turned a corner. Standing in the hall were about 15 or 20 enemy soldiers that were changing guard rotation.

“Jam their coms!” Blackout yelled as he instantly drew his weapons and fired.

Before anyone could act the two soldiers in the front each took two shots to the chest and fell. Blazer started firing a second before I did and we each dropped three. By now the coms in the entire hall had been reduced to static and the enemy had taken note to draw weapons and get to cover. Some crouched behind stray boxes, or in doorways and shot in every direction. I crouched down in a doorway for cover and Hecto ran over and stood behind me and we fired simultaneously. Behind a low stack of crates Lucky and Fix sat and picked off a couple of targets. Blackout rolled in behind some boxes and sent empty pistol mags flying as he reloaded and dropped someone in a closet with a headshot. The fight lasted about five minutes before the last enemy soldier took three to the chest and slumped into an empty guard barracks room.

“Injury report,” Blackout said as he got up out of a crouch.

“Gator is down, and Fury took a stray shot to the arm,” Stitchwork reported.

“Alright, can Fury fight?” Blackout asked Stitchwork.

“Had worse,” Fury said as he stood up from next to the wall.

“Ok, let’s move,” Blackout said as we started off again.

After a few minutes Fix stopped us and told us that he had enough technical data about the base to know where the main control center was and if we got there we could find a fast escape plan.

“Alright lets hurry up, I’ve got 5:30 on my clock,” Blackout said and we jogged down the hallway.

Outside of the main control room there was no activity like we all expected. So, Fix put a snake cam under the door and found only a few techs scurrying around some monitors and computers. Blackout kicked open the door and stepped in followed by the rest of us. One of the techs that didn’t freeze in terror reached for the alarm and Blackout shot the panel dead with sparks flying everywhere right under the man’s fingertips.

“Hands up back against the wall,” Blackout said as he pointed towards the other side of the room.

The hand full of men backed up against the wall as Hecto and Blitz held them at gun point. Next, Deuce and Fix stepped forward to the main terminal and began pushing buttons rapidly. 

“Blackout, there’s a ton of heavily encrypted messages here that are top secret,” Fix said as Deuce continued with his work.

“Well, what does that mean and can you crack into them?” Blackout said back as he turned to address Fix

“We can crack them, but it will take a pretty decent amount of time because they are so encrypted,” Fix said as he looked back over Deuce’s shoulder as he began to crack into things by solving codes on a notepad.

“That is something we don’t have,” and just as Blackout said it the gunfire began to explode from outside as the rest of the team started the diversion for us in the center of the main square.

© Copyright 2012 enyeama1 (enyeama1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1866550-WWIII-Part-1-United-We-Stand-Chapter-5