*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1866754-Summer-of-1963
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Teen · #1866754
A romantic story set in the 60s in Northen Michigan America.For teens and adults
I don’t think I will ever forget the year 1963,let me take you back to where it starts

My family originates from Michigan, I moved to New York when I was 5 years old, I have a sister named Lisa and my father Joe is a doctor, my mother Marjorie(known as Marge) a mere secretary.

We moved back to Michigan in the December of 62 I, however didn’t start school until May 63,there was a lot to sort out, what with school places and unpacking and all.

But I suppose I better tell you about my first day of school at James Monroe High School in Northern Michigan.

My first day of school i could say was the worst day of my life.
I got to the main desk at school were i would fill out the forms.
It all went fine until i got given a map to find my homeroom. I spent 15 minutes wondering the halls before i burst into room 23. Miss McKenna was scrawled on the blackboard. I flushed red at the sight of 30 people staring at me.
Ahh,there you are young lady, I was wondering where you had got too!
Now why don’t you introduce yourself to the class.
I looked at her, she was having a giraffe if she thought i was gonna do that.
Well why don’t i do it instead then, Class this is Lilly Green she is our new pupil.

Everyone stared, at this point i wanted to know what they were thinking.
I wondered how i looked that particular morning and spent the entire ride to school trying to see into the mirror of my dads Cadillac.
Lillian Green will you stop that, you look lovely darling, but your blocking my view of the road with all that leaning.


Sorry Dad i said
My sister turned around from the front seat, Lilly do i have on to much makeup?
My sister Lisa, why couldn’t i be a bit like her?
I don’t want her personality, I mean that parts horrible she has a terrible ego but she has good facial features and i think everything looks in proportion.

Im blonde with green eyes and im slightly tanned, I am slim and quite tall but not verging on manly tall.Im not incredibly busty but im not flat chested either....

"I switch back to reality and i take a seat next to a boy, he turns his head slightly and i can see he is startlingly good looking......

He has brown hair and his eyes are ocean blue and he has a amazing smile.

Don’t get your hopes up darling hisses a girl, she has bleached hair,far,far to much makeup on and the tightest clothes on, that could make a hooker look elegant.

I wouldn’t worry about her, said 2 girls, she is fiercely overprotective of Nick,and there not even dating, well in her dreams they are but in his they definitely are not.
I have to smile at girls like this, its really pathetic, the girls that insist that this guy is dating them when they are clearly not interested.

What’s your next lesson asked Kim
Geography i say.” Same said the girls,Mr Keesing is a bit old and eccentric, his geography lessons always turn into a different subject they laugh, only good thing is that he never gives out homework or detentions.

The bell rings, as i pass Miss McKenna she beckons me over.
These she said lifting 2 piles of heavy books onto the desk, are your textbooks for this semester, your father already gave in a check to Mrs Fields the secretary with the money in.
I took the pile of books into my arms, my knees buckled under the weight.

Give us some said Tracy and Melissa
I think your locker is around here somewhere Lilly said Kim
We walk to my locker as we get there 3 other nice looking boys walk towards us, I take the books from Tracy and Melissa, then the girls walk over to the guys, they put there arms round each other and Kim’s guy leans in for a kiss.

*Cough cough* i look past them and see the Headmistress Mrs James standing there.

© Copyright 2012 Scarlett (scarlettd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1866754-Summer-of-1963