*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1867275-Angela
Rated: 13+ · Sample · Romance/Love · #1867275
Angela thinks she has been kindapped but with her memory loss how can she tell who 2 trust
“Where am I?” is the lone thought in my head. Till a new one comes to mind, “who am I?” then another adds itself to my train of thoughts, “what happened?” with those thoughts racing through my head I get up and head to the door.
“Where do you think you’re going?”A low gravelly voice asks.
“I, oh... I'm, um… trying to find the bathroom?” I say sounding like I'm answering a question when I'm not sure that I have the correct answer.
“Well that is the exit, the bathroom is this way, follow me.” He starts down the hall. It has white walls that are brown from dirt and grime. The cement floors are covered with debris. The corners have slimy green gunk growing in them. When he flips the switch less than half the lights come one. The hall in the warehouse like building is only about 15 feet but it feels like 15 football fields. My feet are getting heaver, all of my dread collecting in them, as I get father and further from freedom.
I now know one thing; I do not trust this man. That is for sure. His brand new sandy brown work boots with the pink souls go up to his ankles. He’s wearing light blue jeans with white spots at the knees. He does not have a shirt on. I know I do not have a chance of escaping him. I can see his muscles rippling as he opens the door for me. His six pack, his dark brown hair, his green eyes. I stare into his deep green eyes. I almost get lost in them. Almost. In those two seconds all I could do is think about how he is standing there like a Greek god, how he is holding the door for me with his right hand, his left hand by his side. And then, my feet moving on their own accord, move me into the room.
After I walk in, to my despair, I hear the sharp distinctive click of a dead bolt snapping into place. Sending chills down my spine (putting an emphasis on the work ‘dead’). I head to the far side of the room, hoping to find something to sit on. But in the dark I stub my toe.
“Owe” I cry as I fall (to my great luck right onto the bed) it’s a single bed, with one pillow and a blanket. I lie down and cry; cry because I do not know who I am, or what I am doing here, I do not know who my family is, or what is going on. I do not even know what I did to land myself in this predicament. I am not sure how long I sat there and cried, but then again I am not sure about much. Then I hear the same ‘click’ that sends chills down my spine. The sound must carry for miles; do people in other countries hear it? Does it send chills down there spine as well? I look up to see the light seeping in from the door that was slowly being opened. As the door finally gets all the way open I can see my captors outline.
“Time to go.” Those simple words are enough to make me get up and follow him. But they also scare me. I notice that I'm wearing white Nike running shoes, white mini shorts and a light blue v neck t shirt.
“Where” I manage to pant as I follow him down a hall. He does not respond. After following him down six or seven halls just like the first I yell “Are you lost? I'm about to drop from exhaustion, and have been running this whole time because you can’t keep a slow pace.”
“no we are not lost and stop overreacting” he says calmly not even a little out of breath.
“I am not overreacting, you are under reacting!” the nerve of some men, well this man. I know I cannot keep this pace up much longer but I know that I must if I do not want him to drag me.
Finally he comes to a stop “your new room.”
Again with the short sentences but somehow that is all this mystery man needs.
“Who are you, where am I, what is going on, who am I, what are you going to do with me?”
“Angela, you already know all this, I am your guard, it’s my job to keep you safe and to keep you here.”
“How could I know what is going on when I can’t remember my own name?”
“Angela, your name is Angela that is all that you need to know.”
“What is your name?”
“Wayne.” With that he walks away.
I look around the room. This time it has lights, it’s a small room, one door, no windows, a single bed with one pillow and a thin dark blue blanket. The once white steel walls with those groves that look like waves, where now grey from dust. The floor was cement, and also covered in dust and debris.
Three things I know for sure, my name is Angela, I do not trust that man, and that man’s name is Wayne.
I lie down on the bed and close my eyes; my last thought is about my family how much I miss them, even though I cannot remember them.
‘Click’ I look up to see the door being opened. “Who… uh… what?” I mumble. Hey not my fault that is the best I can do, I'm pretty sure that its morning and who can come up with good things to say in the morning?
“Angela get up my boss wants to meet you.”
“ten more minutes” I state as firmly as I can manage. I really wish I knew what time it is so that I can add that to my argument but oh well add that to the list of things that I don’t know.
“get up and follow me or ill come over there, pick you up, and carry you, your choice.” I could hear the grin in his voice, if I had my eyes open I bet I would see him trying to hold back a laugh.
“I want to walk but I want to walk in ten minutes, not now.” I say as I roll over. Big mistake. “Ahhhhhhh” I yell as I go down. Thud! “ouch” I moan as I roll over so that I am on my knees with my elbows on the bed.
He laughs.
“so not funny” I say, seeing red that he found it so amusing that I fell off the bed, though it was probably saving him the trouble of pushing me off.
“your right that wasn’t funny that was hilarious!” He said when he was finally able to stop laughing.
As I stand up he grabs my elbow and helps me up, he doesn’t let go until I'm steady.
© Copyright 2012 wrightingurl14 (wrightingurl14 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1867275-Angela