*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1867340-We-Few
Rated: ASR · Monologue · Inspirational · #1867340
Creatures with power can use it for good or evil
         So few of them there are, many claim to have their power but few actually have it. The power to break nations or to build great empires, this is our power, the power of the authors. We can warp the minds of men with words, change black into white as some might say. Our works shape the course of history for what history would we remember if the men who wrote it never existed? Would memories of the past come back to us naturally? Would we develop some super-human ability to see the past? No, we would not. The power we wield is a great one and should not be used lightly. We determine the way history occurred, the things people will remember for all times. Take heart in the fact that you and I have this power, but do not abuse it. Woe to those who take advantage of lesser men with deceptive words and lies. Praise to those who use their power to create and build, their lives shall be full of joy. It is not wrong to have a great ambition, as long as you make sure you control it. Do not let ambition gain control over your life for it will never be truly fulfilled. Use ambition, don't get used by it. Write the truth and what you feel in your heart, spread joy in your words. Spin wonderful tales of heroics and adventure, but do not stray too far. Our weakness is our strength, our imaginations can get the best of us sometimes. Stray not so far that you lose your way for the real world can be hard to find once it is lost. Show me the dazzling power of your eloquent words and I will show you mine. We alone dictate the course of history, we few...we happy few.

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
© Copyright 2012 2 Winged Dragon (guardiandragon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1867340-We-Few