*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1867824-WWIII-Part-1-United-We-Stand-Chapter-6
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Other · War · #1867824
"Go,Go,Go! Here we go gentlemen, time to start the fight."
Enemy Prison Camp somewhere near Edinboro, PA

                                       Chapter 6

The assault teams crashed into the central area of the buildings U shaped courtyard area. Using stolen jeeps they plowed through the gates and opened up with grenade launchers and rifle fire in every single direction. They reached main doors and crashed the jeeps straight into them. Several troops still laid down fire in the tree line. Widow rolled out of the jeep just as the first waves of enemy came pouring down the hallways towards them. After Banks put him in charge of the diversion teams he instantly had flash backs to his Special Operations days and the horrific memory of what happened at Changyon. Blackout taught him back in those times that wasting time remembering things left no room for the mind to contemplate and store what was happening all around us. (But, Widow still couldn’t do it and he was rattled by memories of his serving overseas among other things.) Widow had come to the conclusion that Blackout was so good at blocking out the past that he could see a few moments into the future.

“That’s why no one can kill him,” Widow whispered under his breath as he snapped back to reality.

Enemy troops had pinned down everyone in the building but outside in the square they were winning the fight because of the sheer number of casualties that the sniping team was causing in the dugouts for machine guns and rifle teams to man. Widow pulled open the door to the jeep that was in front of him and ripped it the rest of the way off of its hinges. Using it as a shield he fired at the enemy front lines. A couple others did the same while others took cover behind them. Men fell left and right for what seemed like an eternity but was actually only 10 minutes before the enemy retreated back into the building. Widow stood up and had another flashback; this one brings him to a small courtyard in the center of a village somewhere in the Korean hillside. They had just fought off yet another wave off local guerillas and they had two wounded.

“We’ll use these as shields,” he had said holding up a bunch of old metal hunks from a downed helicopter to the rest of the squad.

Moving forwards under the cover of the panels they reached the evac spot and got out alive.

“You ok sir?” someone to his left said and brought him back to reality.

The good thing is that with his men, they knew that he had the flashback problem and they usually let him come back to reality on his own unless the situation needed immediate tending to.

“Yeah, what’s going on?” Widow said as he picked off a couple of enemy troops that were crouching behind a desk.

“We have enemy reinforcements coming in, jeeps and trucks, and even a few helicopters coming up the road towards us. They seem to still be a few clicks away but they are closing fast, what should we do?” Blazer finished as he waited for an answer.

“We have to alert the others get on the coms,” Widow said as he faded in and out of a fast flashback to another time back in Korea.

© Copyright 2012 enyeama1 (enyeama1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1867824-WWIII-Part-1-United-We-Stand-Chapter-6