*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1868063-One-Beautiful-Blade
Rated: 13+ · Poetry · Dark · #1868063
How someone could take their life but instead does not
One Beautiful Blade

What a beautiful blade, how the edge is smooth and sharp.

This blade can be used in so many ways, to take a life of mine or of your own.

Beauty is silenced when death is mentioned.



Death is peaceful but also an escape from the world.

Many people chosse death becasue they feel it is easier than the actual living.

I can take my life into my hands where a beautiful blade is found, but I choose not to ruin many other lives by giving up mine.



I could take the blade and slide the smooth, sharp edge near my neck and the tip near my throat.

I could press deep into my skin to feel weakness and fall to the floor.

I could take this beautiful blade and have beauty appear from peace and assurance that my life has ended.

I could do all of those things.



Taking it out of the drawer and putting it into my hands, as they watched my body fall to the floor, tears streaming down their faces as if they cared.

I should be Ashamed of myself because I know they care but sometimes it is so hard to believe it.

I decided to drop that beautiful blade and let it fall to the floor instead of ending me. I know I am stronger that what I feel most of the time.

There is a plan even though I do not understand.

I cannot let the beauty of death take over me.

This is a message that runs through each and every soul on this earth and in this world.



Do not let go of who you are!
© Copyright 2012 Elle Jo (ellejo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1868063-One-Beautiful-Blade