*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1868797-Finding-The-One-Chapter-One
Rated: E · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #1868797
This is Chapter One. Look for Prologue and following chapters. :)
Chapter One




         I woke up the next morning, bright and early. I didn't even have to open my eyes, as i grabbed for my phone, which sat on the desk beside my bed. As I held in the power button, I slid the blankets off me. I hated saturday mornings. Laying my phone back down, on my black bed sheets, I stood up, finally opening my eyes. The sun poured in my room, shining down on my feet, which rested on the purple carpet. He was still runing through my mind; Derrick.



         A loud sigh came from my mouth, as I walked to my bathroom, which was down the hall from my bedroom. I slammed the door shut, locking it. I lived alone, but it was still a force of habit. I stared into the full length mirror, which was attached to my door. My jet black hair fell around my shoulders, reaching to the small of my back. My bangs covered my left eye, while my right eye showed. I had extremely dark blue eyes; they were my favorite part of myself. I wasn't tan; at all. I have never been tan, only pale. I wasn't very tall either, just over five foor five. I wasn't skinny; or fat, just a bit of chub on myself. I was perfectly content with my looks. I smiled at myself, before getting into the nice warm shower.



         When stepping out of my shower, I heard a knock on my door. It wasn't too loud, or too soft; but just right in the middle. I knew it had to be; Willow. She was my best friend; one of my only friends. She was gorgeous. Willow's hair was blonde, with one streak of blue in it, from below her right ear to the ends of her hair. Her hair reached just below her shoulder's, the way she liked it. She was medium heighted, and skinny, and by now, tanner then usual. She always tanned during the summer, not like, super tan; but tan. She had gorgous green eyes, they seemed to shine in the light. I wrapped my ruby-colored bathrobe around myself, then walking out of the bathroom.



         "Rayne!"" she yelled, through the door. "I know you're in there! Open up!"

         

         Click. I opened the door to see Willow's smiling face. She has always been a cheerful person, much like myself. Now it just seems like I'm crazy, out of my mind. Only wondering who Derrick is, what he is like, and if he is the man of my dreams. He sure did look like he was. Backing out of her way, heading back to my room. She slowly followed behind, but turned into the living room.



         "Last night was the craziest!" I yelled from my room, as I slipped on my clothes. I was now wearing dark black skinny jeans, with a dark red halter top on. Almost everything I wear, is dark. Like when you are a teenager, and you go through that one phase in your life, where you wear black all the time, and hate life. Well, I never grew out of that phase. It's not like I hated life, but I was lonley, and I wanted change.



         "Who did you screw?" Willow shouted, laughing like a crazed women afterwards. I rolled my eyes, as I slid on my red high heels. As I was walking to the living room, I ran a brush through my hair, as the water dripped to the floor. Plop. Plop. Plop. That sound was so calming.



         "Nobody," I yelled back at her, "And even if I did, it's not your business!" Now we both laughed at that.

         

         "Well, then what happened?" Willow said, laying back in my bean bag chair, that sat on the floor. I smiled, knowing she really did care what i had to say.



         "Well, last night while I was out, at the poetry reading. There was a guy there; A cute guy!" I exclaimed, a small giggle escaping my lips. "I didn't really get to talk to him, But Will, I think he is the --!" Her hand flew up, stopping my mid-sentance.



         "If you don't even know him, how do you know if he is or not?" she shot back at me. She was right, I wouldn't know. I had to find him!



         "Well.. I guess I don't.. Unless..." I trailed off, giving her that look only best friends can give. She shook her head.



         "Fine. I'll help!" She said, smiling up at me. "On one condition."

         

         "What? I'll do anything!"



         "If he has a brother, hook me up!" We both exploded in laughted. She truely knew me well. Ever since that night at the bar, nothing has been the same for me; For that, I am glad!
© Copyright 2012 Elizabeth Saber (unlovingwonder at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1868797-Finding-The-One-Chapter-One