*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1869567-The-freedom
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Dark · #1869567
Death's Perspective derived from my first fic That Piercing Gaze. Oneshot. No flames.
Lost. Empty. Hatred. Theses are the emotions I feel. But it did not use to be like this.

I was insane, but I was in denial, I was once... I not sure anymore what I was anymore, it was fading into the oblivion, cursed to be the gate keeper of a rickety old graveyard. It's not like I loathed it either, on the inside it was my saving grace- a bittersweet distraction. On the outside, there was no words to describe this ugly abomination, terrorfying monstrosity. On the inside was Someone pleading, begging for redemption and repent. But I knew it would never come, such a hollow soul like mine, the immortal herald of mortal extinction, but the crying entity inside.

So the one moment a beautiful soul walked gracefully into my foreboding garden of death, it tore me apart as watched from the shadows of the dead willow trees. Flashbacks of my previous life flashed before my eyes. The joy, the happiness and eternal love. I remembered my beautiful son that giggled innocently as he played with his toys, the undeniable bond, so resilient I would do anything and everything for him.

And that's what I did. Sometime in the middle of a cold heartless night, he passed away from a heart problem. My world stopped spinning, and there was no longer meaning.

Preparing for his funeral was even harder, as there was no one to help me; my family had all past away, my ex-husband shunned me, and I lived alone with no friends and no job, living on the dol.

I layed beside his grave bawling profanities- and that's whan he bestowed my bittersweet spell. The Grim- Trading my life for my beautiful sons: I eagerly agreed.

I lost my life, they found me dead beside my sons grave, hung from the tree beside it, a smile on my pale face.

I remember that girl enter my graveyard, I appeared for her, begging for her blessing so I may live my life again, but all she saw was the Devil's spawn, wanting to devour her soul, maybe I will one day. I am the herald of Death and the sight of this girl destroyed me, rendered my contract void, and I am free now. I have the driving need to thank this girl, because of her I have joined my son.
© Copyright 2012 Freakie Music (themusicfreak at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1869567-The-freedom