*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1870268-The-Love-Within
Rated: E · Poetry · Emotional · #1870268
Questioning love...
If I give you my heart, would you keep it safe and warm? If I want to grow old with you, would you protect it from all harm? If I say you complete me, would you draw closer to me? Knowing how I always want you, do you always want me? Would you hold me close, or let my love grow chill? If you left me alone, would you see the pain or hear my shrill. Do you put you first, is your heart more important than mine? Or at the first thought of pain would you hold my heart forever, ensuring that it never fell apart.

There is a love that dwells within me, a love that warms my soul. The feeling I feel when I am near you, I can drown in the thunderous sound of your heart, until it beats no more. Oh sweet love that I love, my mind often wonders; do you love me the same? Or should my loving heart slumber. Oh please tell me once, what you truly do feel; if you return the love, show me through your tender touch that can heal. The cuts in my heart left by others long past, so tell me what you truly believe, and if you want, you'll have forever claimed me.

© Copyright 2012 boobah1982 (boobah1982 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1870268-The-Love-Within