*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1870335-In-the-Moonlight
Rated: E · Short Story · Romance/Love · #1870335
A brief, romantic scene.
"Ain't it funny," Mary asked Jack, her brown eyes twinkling. She was utterly content walking hand in hand with Jack along the coast. Jack who loved her even when she hadn't loved herself.

"What," Jack chuckled, "your speech? Because I actually find it endearing." Jack smiled when Mary stuck out her tongue. It was so good to see her happy again.

"Shut your trap, you don't know what it's like to be a red-neck hick."

Jack stopped walking and faced her, suddenly serious. Well, tried to be serious but there was a huge grin on his face.

"But I know how to love one." Jack pulled Mary closer and kissed her. The kiss was filled with all the unsaid feelings and passion that constantly swirled between them. It was both the fear of the known and the unknown, but also tenderness and love.

Mary pulled away and looked into Jack's eyes. Running her hands through his dark hair, Mary rested her forehead against his.

"Dramatic much," she whispered. He shut her up with another kiss.



© Copyright 2012 Danielle (bluehue at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1870335-In-the-Moonlight