*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1870580-I-Just-Want-Love
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Adult · #1870580
Monica is a eighteen year old female who is dealing with her abusive boyfriend.
CHAPTER ONE


"What is it?" Chad yelled through the bathroom door like I was a child. Monica didn't know what went wrong.
"Can we talk?" she said.
All Monica knew was her car needed a new battery so she went to take her car which was an 2004, Infiniti Q45 to get some work done at Jiffy Lube.
"I see you flirting with the mechanic Monica. I'm not stupid."
Chad had a towel around his waist as he swung open the bathroom door. Chad had a different look in his eyes that Monica never seen ever. She just stared at Chad of a moment before responding. "I didn't know him Chad". Monica said with frustration then continued “I just wanted my car fix".
Chad was in Monica's face saying "You could've asked me to do that. You're lying".
Monica was now lost for words. She was in shock for a second not believing that Chad was accusing her of something like that. Monica turned away walking into their bedroom across the hall. "You know what?" Monica said looking at Chad even though he was a feet away. "I called your phone all night and you didn't answer. On top of that, you were out with god knows who".
"Say what?" Chad yelled charging toward Monica like a mad man stopping right in her face again continuing, "I’m a man Monica. And that's what men do" Chad explained grabbing a hold on to Monica's arm real tight.
“Motherfucker, did you bump your head?" Monica asked standing her ground no matter what. SMACK...was all she heard after Chad raised his hand and slapped Monica across the face. Monica was holding the left-side of her face with tears running down her cheek. All of a sudden, Monica begin going off on Chad like a Tasmanian devil. As Monica was still going off on him, Chad grabbed Monica by the neck, blocking her air way which it was hard on her to breath, punching her in the nose. Blood then ran down her lips. Chad had let Monica go which she fell to the floor in pain crying uncontrollably.
"How could you?" Monica told Chad who was just looking at her like he was enjoying it. Chad then realized what he has done.
"I'm....I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hit you baby. I swear." Chad then went and got a towel from the linen closet. When he got back, Monica was now sitting on the bed holding her nose. "Here, hold your head back while I go get some ice." Chad instructed her to do then proceed to the kitchen. Monica stood to look at herself in the full length mirror that her mom got her for a house-warming gift. Even though Monica was 5'4ft, weight 140 pounds, thick in the right places, with gorgeous coco complexion, she never thought Chad would bust her lip, give her a black eye and a busted nose on top of that. Monica's short bob cut wasn't long enough to cover the black eye, let alone the red marks on her neck. Chad rushed in with a cup of ice, wrapping the ice in the towel and giving it to Monica to put on her face.
"Baby, you okay" Chad asked like he didn't do the damage.
"Yea" Monica said nonchalantly while taking off her clothes with spots of blood on it, throwing them in the washing machine. As, Monica put on her bed clothes, she looked back at Chad who was staring out the window with a pair of boxers on.
"Why am I still going through this shit?" Monica said to herself. Chad wasn't a bad looking guy. He was 6'2 in height, 200 pounds in muscles with a caramel complexion. Chad did have a face like T.I. the rapper. Monica just never imagine him doing that to her at all. With Chad's great looks, ambition and romantic side, she always gave in thinking that no one else might not want her. Chad laid down and turned on the television waiting on Monica to come and lay beside him. Monica was in the bathroom putting some Vaseline on her face but was startled when she heard a Chad's voice.
“Hey baby, you coming to bed?" Chad asked in a very demanding way.
"I'm coming" Monica said. When Monica got in the bed, Chad was holding her like no tomorrow.
"Goodnight baby" Chad said before drifting off to sleep like a newborn baby.

The next morning, Monica woke up to an empty bed.
"Good, Chad is gone to work." Monica said to herself with relief. Monica got out of the bed to look at her face and Monica's face wasn't as bad as it was last night but she can still see the bruises.
"Monica", her mother Mrs. Thomas yelled before opening the door.
"Do you want me to take you to school this morning?" Mrs. Thomas asked then gasped. Monica did try to hide her face by not looking directly at her mom but it didn't work.
"What happened to your face?" Monica was scared to respond because she wanted to continue to see Chad. "Monica, did Chad do this?" Mrs. Thomas asked with her arms folded. Monica couldn't help to watch her mom react the way she did. Monica thought she was looking at herself in the mirror. "Monica, do you hear me?" Mrs. Thomas said taking Monica out of her glance.
"Yea" Monica answered. "I heard you ma. I got into a fight in school" Monica lied thankful that her mom worked over last night. Sometimes Monica's mom had to work long hours to support survive and it was tough. Mrs. Thomas didn't want Monica to go down the same path that she did.
"You know what?" Mrs. Thomas paused. "You is only eighteen years old and Chad is twenty-two but I be damn if he is going to be seeing my daughter and be putting his hands on you". Mrs. Thomas said with fire in her voice.
"No, ma. Chad wouldn't do that" Monica jumped to Chad's defense.
"Okay baby." Mrs. Thomas suggested. Monica was now relieved and went to sit on the bed. Mrs. Thomas was on her way out her room but turned around and asked "Did you whoop her ass?".
"I sure did" Monica said with pride. Once her mom was gone and left for work, Monica decided to call her best friend Destiny.
"Hey Destiny"
"What's up? You know class is about to start so where are you?" Destiny asked excitedly
"I'm not coming to school today" Monica said hoping Destiny wouldn't ask so many questions that she knew she had to cover.
"Why? Are you okay?" Destiny sounding worried
"Yea, just caught a cold with the air conditioner on all night" she said rubbing her face in her bedroom room mirror once more.
"Okay, well I'll give you a call later"
Monica knew Destiny since elementary school and felt bad that she had to lie to her. She normally shared everything with Destiny, I mean everything. Monica heard the front door slam.
"Ma" Monica called out thinking that it was Mrs. Thomas. Walking into the living room, she discovered that it was Chad. He was holding a bag in his hands once flopping down on the sofa.
"I thought you were my mom. What are you doing home? You weren't supposed to be home till four."
Chad looked up at Monica as she stood beside him while tears fell from his eyes. "Baby I apologize about last night. I won't do it again. I feel so awful for what I done so I brought you something. Hopefully you forgive me" Chad said handing Monica the bag.
"I forgive you."
Monica hugged and kissed Chad passionately and aggressively. Chad then stopped Monica before things got too heated. "Baby opens the gift I got you"
Monica looked in the bag to find a medium size box that had pink and white strips. There was also a card attached to it too. She read the card which was mainly a apologetic one, Monica opened the box and gasp. It was a red bra and pantie set that she been eyeing for a while.
"Aw, thank you so much chad. I love it" Monica jumped on his lap and kissed Chad passionately again.
"It's going to be on tonight. You can put that lingerie piece on so we can re-kimble our relationship" Chad said seductively
"I can't wait"

CHAPTER TWO

The night had finally came. Monica and Chad had some Jill Scott playing and a bottle of wine waiting for them.
"Ummmmm, baby that was delicious" Monica told Chad then kissed him on the forehead before taking his plate in the kitchen and placed it in the sink.
"I'm about to get in the shower" Monica said walking past the bedroom towards the bathroom but noticing Chad in his boxers, sitting up against the headboard drinking the wine on the nightstand. "And save me some wine" she continued sounding more disappointed that Chad started without her.
"I might as well go back to the store" Chad said with a attitude.
Monica heard Chad before turning on the shower and getting undressed. While pulling the money green shower curtains back, Monica admired the new rug set, toilet cover and miniture trashcan to match. She grabbed her pink wash rag and poured a small amount of apple scented body wash from Bath And Body Works onto it, covering her body with suds. Once washing herself once more, Monica climbed out the shower, retrieving her pink towel off the towel rack to dry off. She rubbed her body with cocoa butter lotion then wrapped the towel around her. Picking up her dirty clothes to place in the dirty clothes hamper, Monica proceeded to the bedroom to put her red lingerie set that she told Chad that she was going to wear. After she was dressed, she made sure her pixie cut still looked good. "Where in the hell is he?" Monica said to herself. Thirty minutes have passed and no sign of Chad. Monica went into the livingroom to get her phone out of her purse to see if Chad called. There was a missed call from her mom instead so Monica decided to give her mom a call back after walking into her room to turn down the radio.
"Hey...I've been trying to reach you for like an hour or so" Mrs. Thomas said
"Well I was getting out of the shower and about to get ready for class tomorrow. Is everything okay?" Monica sounded alittle concerned but knew that Mrs. Thomas was at her boyfriend Harry's house. Mrs. Thomas didn't mind for Monica to have the house to herself because she knew Monica is responsible.
"Yea I'm fine. I wanted to tell you that I'm going to stay at Harry's tonight."
Monica was about to respond when she heard the front door slam.
"Hello!" Mrs. Thomas yelled impatiently
"Mom I'm here. I'm about to get ready to go" Monica was now sitting on the bed watching Chad walk in with a bottle of wine, drinking a 12 ounce of malt liquor.
"Aright baby, if you need me just call me, okay"
"Alright"
Monica hung up the phone while glancing at Chad as he took off his clothes and sat across from her on the bed. She could tell that Chad was now drunk. Breaking the silence, Monica finally asked "What took you so long?"
Within minutes, Chad was now yelling "What kind of question is that? You thought I was out cheating or something?"
"Nah, not really but I was worried"
© Copyright 2012 UniquelyMonique (lamona28 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1870580-I-Just-Want-Love