*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1870632-Fashion-and-design
by irene
Rated: E · Essay · Fashion · #1870632
What is the Fashion and design and its importance
Fashion and design is the art of the application of design and aesthetics or natural beauty to clothing and accessories. Fashion design is influenced by cultural and social latitudes, and has varied over time and place. Fashion designers work in a number of ways in designing clothing and accessories. Some work alone or as part of a team. They attempt to satisfy consumer desire for aesthetically designed clothing; and, because of the time required to bring a garment on to the market, must at times anticipate changing consumer tastes.

Fashion designers attempt to design clothes which are functional as well as aesthetically pleasing. They must consider who is likely to wear a garment and the situations in which it will be worn. They have a wide range and combinations of materials to work with and a wide range of colors, patterns and styles to choose from. Though most clothing worn for everyday wear falls within a narrow range of conventional styles, unusual garments are usually sought for special occasions, such as evening wear or party dresses.
Fashion is a creative process that results in a finished garment. Fashion has always borrowed from other art forms whether they are textile patterns of ancient cultures or sport. Taking these insights, designers recreate a new language of art in the form of an item of clothing. They are artists working within the medium of cloth.

Fashion design is far more than the crafting of beautiful clothing. Fashion involves footwear design, jewelry design, leather goods, theater costumes, uniform design, sportswear, swimwear, formal wear and casual wear design for men, women and children. Students learn how to develop a fashion collection, from concept to the finished product. They are exposed to a complete range of technical skills in model drawing, pattern drafting, draping, color illustration, jewelry design and textile design. Aspiring designers are encouraged to look beyond the traditional restrictions of fashion and to scrutinize clothing as it responds to lifestyle, sculptural practice, performance, movement, costume and art. The curriculum also includes computer-assisted design, aesthetics, the theory of composition and color, fashion history and a range of business-related courses.
Fashion is important in many different areas. Economic and political trends, current events, and social issues are reflected in fashion. Changes in fashion reflect shifts in the economy and make up of the populations. Fashion serves as a historical record of culture and life style events, and can be an indicator of what is occurring in a society in a certain time.

Throughout the history of fashion, clothing has played an important role in personal appearance. It can identify different social positions. It affects self esteem and interactions with others.

Fashion affects global and local economies. Many businesses benefit from the fashion industry other than designers, stores, and manufacturers, including hotels, taxi's, and restaurants. Fashion also reflects the economic environment. If there is less money, then styles become less important. Economical and political conditions always affect fashion!
© Copyright 2012 irene (irene20 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1870632-Fashion-and-design