*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1870776-The-Bug-Man-Sting
Rated: ASR · Fiction · Comedy · #1870776
A bellhop plans a sting
         He was finally going to catch the exterminator. This nonsense of things turning up missing from guests’ rooms was about to end. Preston, the bellhop, had always suspected Glen the bug-man. The thefts were always discovered on Wednesdays which coincided with the roach treatments.
         Preston eased into the hallway pushing his decoy luggage cart. Glen was in Room 526. The bait, a silk shawl that Preston had snuck from Room 372, rested on the nightstand in Room 528.
         Preston skulked three doors past the target room. He positioned his decoy cart and dug his 35mm Kodak from his pocket slipping the safety strap around his wrist. He peeked over the mock luggage and the trap was now ready to be sprung.
         Preston giggled to himself anticipating the look on Glen’s stupid face. He had hated Glen in eighth grade when the other boys envied him because he was already shaving. What kind of freak can grow a beard at thirteen? Preston smirked. The kind that kills bugs and steals and is about to get busted!
         Glen entered Room 528. Preston slid along the wall to the target room and waited. A minute later, Glen exited the room and Preston peered through the doorway. The shawl was missing!
         “A-HA! Caught you, bug-squasher!” Preston pulled the exterminator into the hall and reveled in Glen's shocked, confused, and obviously guilt-ridden expression. The Kodak flashed in the exterminator’s face. The bellhop was about to begin a physical search when the door to Room 528 opened again. It was Ezekiel, the weekly bible inspector, carrying his duffel bag of bible cleaning supplies.
         "Oh! Preston! You startled me!" Ezekiel exclaimed.
         “I apologize, sir, but I am so glad you are here, Mr. Ezekiel, sir.” Preston said. “I could use your help with this-”
         “Sorry, no time, I must run. God bless you, Preston. See you next Wednesday.” Ezekiel brushed past Glen and Preston and hustled into the elevator.
         "Thank you, sir!" Preston smiled approvingly before turning to Glen. “Okay Pesticide Prince, spread eagle on the wall!”


© Copyright 2012 Mitchopolis (mitchopolis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1870776-The-Bug-Man-Sting