*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1873097-The-Choice-is-Yours-Rocket
Rated: E · Short Story · Music · #1873097
Choice Zen, a new kid at school, learns to fit in with the help of a certain contest.
Author's Note:I originally came up with the idea of a girl named Cho Zen, so that she would be called Chosen, but that sounded sort of conceited, so Cho is short for Choice. Oh, and I wrote the song in here myself. It's copyrighted! :) Thanks for reading!
________________________________________________________________________

Cho's POV

Today was my first day at West Oak Middle School. My family had moved to West Oak when my dad got promoted to head manager of Telly-Times, a telemarketing business.
I was super scared about today, since I had never been to a new school before. I had visited WOMS yesterday, and it was a beutiful place to learn at. There was also a music program, which my old school never had.
I woke up this morning and made sure I looked my best. I had on my favorite jeans and a WOMS t-shirt I had received the day before. Then I had my favorite breakfast (Cinnamon French Toast!) and walked to school.
I walked into WOMS scared, because I had no idea who anyone was. I was not required to go to advisory today (I had missed it anyway), so I went to my 1st period class- Music Enrichment.

Jake's POV

I was strumming a few chords on my guitar when a girl walked into the class room. She had dark skin and chocolate brown hair. Her eyes were a soft brown color and she was wearing one of those WOMS t-shirts they sell at the school store. She was really pretty, and I couldn't help staring. She caught me and smiled nervously, then went to meet our teacher, Ms. Griffin. Armani gave me a look and I shrugged my shoulders. The girl and Ms. Griffin exchanged a few words, and then they both turned around to face the class. "Class," said Ms. Griffin, "I would like you to meet Choice Zen. She just moved here from North Dakota." Choice looked at everyone in the class shortly, but it was longer when she looked at me. I smiled shyly and she turned back to face the class. Ms. Griffin looked at me. "Choice, you can take the seat next to Jake. He can tell you what we're working on." I think I blushed. Choice sat down next to me and it was pretty awkward. Finally, Armani spoke up. "Hey, nice to meet you. I'm Armani, and this is my best friend Jake." Choice smiled. "I could really use some friends around here! Please, call me Cho." I laughed. "That means, since your last name is Zen, you're name is Chosen!" We all laughed. Then I started to talk to Choi-Cho, about what we were working on- a love song. I got kind of nervous, but she just laughed it off. Cho's song was slow, and wasn't really working out. I kept trying to help her, but it stayed the same.
Our love is like a pen flowing with ink
We don’t even get a chance to think...

That was when Ms. Griffin stopped everyone. "I have big news!" She said. "There is going to be a contest. It's pretty simple. You write a song, sing it, and the winner, or winners, gets a record deal with Pre2Teen record label!" Everyone squealed. This was a big chance for all of us. "Want to work together?" Armani asked. Cho and I nodded. We agreed to meet at lunch.

Armani's POV

Lunchtime came around quicker then I thought. We sat down at Jake and I's usual table, and started to talk about the contest. "So, what instruments can you play?" I asked Cho. "Piano and guitar," she said. I nodded. "How about we form a band? I'll play keyboard, you'll play guitar, and Jake'll play the drums!" We all agreed on the idea, and a name (The Chosen Ones-it was Jake's idea!). We decided to have practice at Jake's house. Cho would write the song and we would see how good it was.

Cho's POV

I worked on the song all through free period. I got to go to the music room and borrow a guitar. I decided to write a love song. It would be best, since I had started on it this morning. The thing was that it was completely horrible! Jake tried to help me, but it didn't work out too well. I think I like Jake (a lot), so I'm going to dedicate the song to him. Of course, I'm not going to say it. He obviously doesn't like me.
The contest was in 2 days, and I finally finished the song. I was playing and singing on the guitar when Jake walked in.
"Wow, Cho! That song is epic! Who is it for?" He looked really surprised. I blushed. "It's f-for, you?" I couldn't believe I just said that. Jake looked taken aback, and I knew life was going to be awkward for us now. He just walked out.
Practice went well, though. We acted like nothing had happened, though there was still a bit of tension. Armani noticed. Armani always notices stuff like that. She gave me a look, but I just shrugged my shoulders.
On the day of the contest, we were madly nervous. We were dressed in colorful suits with rainbow wigs. When it was our turn to perform, I was sweating bullets. I had only known my band for about 3 days, and we were already competing. I walked up to the microphone as they got ready. I placed my hands on my guitar and got ready to start strumming. "I would like to dedicate this song to someone special that I know." Armani started playing the keyboard, and I started to sing.
Our love is like a pen flowing with ink
We don’t even get a chance to think
Um, no

I started to play my guitar and Jake started to play the drums.
Flowers blooming everywhere we turn
There are things out there we have to learn

Baby, I don’t have to try
You’ll be there until we die
There’s no reason to lie

Our love is like a rocket, rocket
Soaring through the sky
Put the flag down and mark it, mark it
Cuz this is our spot
Our love is like a rocket, rocket
Soaring through the sky
Put the flag down and mark it, mark it
Our love is like a rocket, rocket

Sun shines down everywhere we go
No matter where we are, out love it shows
We think about each other every night and day
All we do is spread our wings and fly away

Baby, I don’t have to try
You’ll be there until we die
There’s no reason to lie

Our love is like a rocket, rocket
Soaring through the sky
Put the flag down and mark it, mark it
Cuz this is our spot
Our love is like a rocket, rocket
Soaring through the sky
Put the flag down and mark it, mark it
Our love is like a rocket, rocket

I may not be an astronaut,
But I know how to fly
Baby you don’t have to worry
You don’t have to cry

I’ll be there by your side
I’ll be there by your side

Our love is like a rocket, rocket
Soaring through the sky
Put the flag down and mark it, mark it
Cuz this is our spot
Our love is like a rocket, rocket
Soaring through the sky
Put the flag down and mark it, mark it
Our love is like a rocket, rocket
Our love is like a rocket, rocket
Soaring through the sky
Put the flag down and mark it, mark it
Cuz this is our spot
Our love is like a rocket, rocket
Soaring through the sky
Put the flag down and mark it, mark it
Our love is like a rocket, rocket

Our love is like a rocket, rocket
Soaring through the sky
Put the flag down and mark it, mark it
Cuz this is our spot
Our love is like a rocket, rocket
Soaring through the sky
Put the flag down and mark it, mark it
Our love is like a rocket, rocket

Woah ooh woah oh
Woah ooh woah oh
Woah ooh woah oh
Woah ooh woah oh

Baby, I don’t have to try
You’ll be there until we die
There’s no reason to lie


The crowd went wild when we finished! We kept bowing and bowing, until the judges had to force the crowd to settle down. As soon as we walked off, Armani went to the bathroom. It was just Jake and I now. I sat down on the couch. "I'm sorry, Jake. It's just that when you-" I didn't even get to finish my sentence before he walked up to me and planted a kiss on my cheek. I could feel a spark and I smiled. "You're right," he said, "It is a rocket."
It was now time for the judges to announce the winner of the contest. A judge in a dark green suit walked up to the microphone. "We would like to thank all our contestants today for participating," he started. Jake and I held hands while Armani leaned against the wall, smiling. "But there was one that really stood out to us-The Wild Jumping Jelly Beans!" The crowd clapped, and we were very disappointed. The Wild Jumping Jelly Beans walked up to the stage. "But," the judge continued, "There was another one that stood out even more and the crowd absolutely loved them. We don't usually do this- give it up for The Chosen Ones!" The crowd went wild and we ran onto the stage. I was near tears. "The Wild Jumping Jelly Beans have won a 1 year contract with Pre2Teen. The Chosen Ones have won an everlasting contract! Thank you so much, guys!"
I couldn't believe it! My-our dream came true!
Armani, Jake, and I enveloped each other in one huge bear hug. I cried, too-right in front of the cameras.
________________________________________________________________________

Thank you all so much for reading! R/R! :)

AfricanbutAmerican (Fisco2345)
Emal me @ fisco2345@writing.com anyplace, anytime! :)
________________________________________________________________________

Update: I'll try to update EVERYDAY now! New chapters will be posted (you can find them in my portfolio or something). School is ending Thurs., so I'll have A LOT of time on my hands. Thanks! :)
© Copyright 2012 AfricanbutAmerican (fisco2345 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1873097-The-Choice-is-Yours-Rocket