*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1873213-REO-Speedwagon
Rated: 13+ · Review · Music · #1873213
I forgot how much I like REO Speedwagon.

They go back as far as 1972. I didn't follow them then. One night, in the mid 1980s,when I was sleeping with the radio on, I woke up when "Keep On Loving You" played. I was alone in bed in the middle of the night, but the way the words made me feel--like they were real, like love could really happen--the feeling is kind of secondary now, because I think I lost love somewhere along the way.

If you don't know the song, here's a You Tube link:



The lead singer said they write the songs, then add the music. Their lyrics are so clearly worded to bring out emotion, and the singer's voice has a unique tone of vulnerability. He's older; they're all older, but they all have long or blonde hair, some both. They were still rocking strong in 2011 concerts.

Some of their songs worth a listen include:

I Can't Fight This Feeling

and

Take It On the Run

with a link to a 1980s tv show appearance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2L2T7bWQzEs



Give them a listen if you dig guitar, a cool voice, and meaningful lyrics.

~ a Sunflower in Texas
June 12, 2012



If you have DirecTV, catch them on the Audition channel early this summer. It's really good, and relatively new concert footage. I was surprised how many of the lyrics I remembered. Strong writing for these guys. Very emotive.
© Copyright 2012 a Sunflower in Texas (patrice at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1873213-REO-Speedwagon