*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1873224-Looking-for-Love
Rated: E · Poetry · Personal · #1873224
My search for love
Looking for Love

I have been divorced and single now for much too long.  At first, I was hurt and not willing to test the waters.  Then I was busy raising my children.  That was too quickly followed by burying my Mother, and then one of my favorite aunts.  I wanted love and comfort, but I seemed to always have a reason to really spend the time looking for love.

Well, the other reason I was always looking for love was because I wanted it to be magical and just find me.  That knight in shining armor would just show up and sweep me off my feet.  I also wanted to be loved for just being me.  The man of my life would know that I was just what he was looking for big feet, big bones, big heart, and of course big mouth.

When the romantic me got off my high horse, I started looking for love online.  Why not? My cousin found love online.  My former boss found love in a newspaper ad.  My friend found love in a bar.  So why not me.  No such luck.  Once again, I was looking for love in All the Wrong Places.
© Copyright 2012 G. B. Williams (mgmiles01 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1873224-Looking-for-Love