*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1873326-Locked-Out
Rated: E · Other · Emotional · #1873326
This is a very short piece, but it had to be written.
It started out to be, what looked like, a perfect day. The sun was shining brightly, not a dark cloud was to be found in the clear blue sky. I was looking forward to spending time with the ones that mean more to me than anyone else in the entire world.

As the morning slowly turned into a very warm afternoon, I felt a cold chill even though it was rapidly heading towards the 85 degree mark. My perfect day had taken a sharp turn towards desperation, soon to be followed by isolation.

Feeling really stupid I just stood there, knowing deep down that there was really no reason to even try to get in again, but decided to give it another shot. As hard as I tried it just wasn't going to happen, at least not today. Standing there helpless, wondering what I could do differently to get in, I realized that I had already done everything I could. There wasn't a key to be found that would let me in, and there was absolutely no sense in calling, no one would answer.

Now feeling useless and stupid, I slowly retreated. Being locked out is always frustrating, being locked out of your child's life... is devastating.
© Copyright 2012 lorrielee kelley (lorrielee at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1873326-Locked-Out