*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1873641-Live-like-youll-Die-Tomorrow
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Emotional · #1873641
This story is about a women who has two months to live, and what she will do with her time


I die in two months. That's what Dr. Kindle told me this afternoon, except he tried to sugar coat it. He said, "You have two months to make your time here worth it." Why can't he just tell me that I'm going to die in two months. Now what do I do? I could sit here on the couch for my two last months, or I could do something. Surely I can't win the Nobel Peace Prize, but I can do something. But what? Today I'm going to go die my hair bright ecstatic red. Yep, bright red. Tomorrow comes, but today is going to be even a bigger day. I get up with my new hair and put on my new too young for me clothes and head on outside. I decided I'm going to the children's hospital. I signed up to read a book there, but I'm going to tell a story instead. So when I get there with my new makeover, everyone stares, just like they will at my funeral, but I explain to them my situation, they all agree that what I did was right.


"Hello Children!" I tell the children.
"Hiiiiiiiii!" They reply in their happy innocent tone.
"I'm going to tell you a story about a girl and a boy. So here it goes. There once was a girl who had 2 months to live. There once was a boy who had 2 months to live also. They met, she asked him out, he said yes. They were going out for one of their last cups of coffee, they were talking about what they were going to do for their last 2 months of their lives. He said, spend it with me. She said, I will, for I have nothing better to do with my life. He was trying to tell her that she needed to dream like she will live forever, but live as if she will die tomorrow. So, the next day, they got another cup of coffee, but this time they didn't part ways after they finished it, they went to the carnival. There, she sang the songs, she played the games, she admired the flashing lights, she took in her surroundings and said, I'm going to die in 2 months, now I will do something. So she did, she set off to feed the hungry, pay the homeless,she didn't do anything for her, and her "Boyfriend" wanted her to do something for herself. So , he bought her flowers and took her to the spa, where she loved it. It was the day they were supposed to die, so they layed in bed holding each other, and fell asleep for the last time."
"Awwwe, I was hoping that they would magically live!!" Said one sad child.
"Well, in this case I think they did." These were my last words before I closed my eyes for the last time.
© Copyright 2012 READ+WRITEFOREVER (alicat193 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1873641-Live-like-youll-Die-Tomorrow