*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1873689-PE4-Synopsis
Rated: E · Assignment · Other · #1873689
Synopsis of the internal crisis scene


PE4—Synopsis



Severino wants to move from his present boarding house because of the noise and problems created by several of the younger renters. His foreman, Ignacio Lupo is a member of the Mafia. He is foreman, but that is just a title that enables him to collect a paycheck. He is on the work site every day, but only to make sure his bosses interests are being looked after.

Ignacio recommends a new boarding house to Severino, but gives him a warning about the owner. He is a jealous and possessive man, easy to anger. Severino pays the warning no attention because he does not see how it could possibly affect him.

At the boarding house, Severino meets Rianna, the owners pretty, young wife. He is taken with her, and seemingly, she with him. While showing the room to Severino, Rianna’s husband comes home and is obviously upset that she has allowed Severino into the house. His verbal abuse of his wife gets Severino angry and he begins to think he had better now move in here, because he would not get along with an abusive man.

Severino begins to feel protective of Rianna, and he thinks back to how he was unable to protect so many of the young men under his command in war. He feels the responsibility grow inside him. It feels as though his attraction to Rianna is physical, and it might be. But the attraction is really that of protector.

The more he knows about Rianna’s husband the more Severino realizes that if he stays here he will have a problem with the owner. He vacillates, deciding to stay, then changing his mind, then deciding to stay again. In the end he gives up and decides that he couldn’t protect all those young men in war, but he can protect this young woman here in New York.

Staying at this rooming house will certainly mean trouble for Severino, but he decides he cannot leave this vulnerable woman to deal with this man alone.

© Copyright 2012 Bikerider (bikerider at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1873689-PE4-Synopsis