*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1873731-Damned-Spiders
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Contest · #1873731
Written for a 300 word cap contest. Fear of Spiders, those damned spiders...
“Damned Spiders”

         Sitting at the kitchen table reading, out of her peripheral vision, Andi sees something on the wall about two feet away from her sleeve. She looks over and screams while leaping as far away from that wall as she possibly can given our limited human abilities. She cannot believe what she sees.

         A spider the size of a pop tart - which doesn’t completely cover the leg span!

         She shudders and squeals with disgust and then realizes she is all alone. Her family all out for an afternoon trip to the city to stock up on groceries. She planned on enjoying her time alone by doing whatever she wanted, dammit!

         Thoughts racing in her head, “how did it…where did it…WHAT the hell is it?!” thinking she’s NEVER seen ANYTHING LIKE IT! “What the hell do I do?” Terrified by spiders, she is used to everyone dealing with them for her.

         She kicks at an empty copy paper box in the garage, thinking, she could run with it towards the wall, screaming, slide it down the wall, screaming…then what? Ugh. She shudders with disgust and fear that it would see her running at it and it would jump out at her – no, check that, jump out and LAND on her! “Ugh. I can’t go near it, it’s so huge”, panic in her voice, sweat starting to form, her fear is incredibly powerful. She can’t go next-door; her neighbors are all miles away, the joys and curse of living in the beautiful Colorado Mountains.

         Slowly, she looks down at her right side, contemplating. On her hip she has a Glock 34 9 millimeter, she keeps it with her at all times. She picks up the phone and calls their handy-man, “Benny…I’ve got another bullet-hole for you to repair…can you come by later?”


© Copyright 2012 Dobie Mom (dobielove at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1873731-Damned-Spiders