*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1873849-Complicated
Rated: E · Short Story · Writing · #1873849
Never underestimate the power of 'friendship'.
Author's Note: Hey, readers! This is a little one-shot that I got the idea of while washing the car! So please, R/R... :) Let's begin.

________________________________________________________________________



The sun was setting over the horizon. The blue ocean reminded me of her eyes. I blinked a few times, trying to get back to the present. A tear escaped from my eye, but I brushed it off.

There was something moving on the beach. Or, in fact, someone. I jumped to a different branch and looked down. There she was, sitting on a blanket, staring at the setting sun. I wanted a closer look, so I tried to jump another branch. I failed, and fell out of the tree. The noise made her turn and she stared right at me. I held my breath, wondering what she would say next.

"The sun's beautiful," she said to me. I nodded my head and sat down next to her. My shoulder hurt a lot, but I ignored the pain.

"Why did you do that? How is she any better than me?" I couldn't hold back my tears any longer. They started to fall, one by one. I didn't even bother to hide them. She turned to look at me.

"I-I guess there's a huge difference. She's popular, she wears all the newest fashions, she-" I cut her off. "But that's no reason to embarrass me! Look, I've been you're friend through the thick and thin. It's senior year, and when I need you most, you decide to turn on me? What kind of friend are you?"

She started to cry now. That was when I noticed that the sun was gone. They sky was a deep, dark, blue. Even darker than the ocean. I looked up at the stars. There was one that would be perfect to make a wish on.

"I guess I'm not a true friend, then." She wiped her eyes and got up. She started walking towards the beach houses, carrying her blanket with her. "Wait!" I called out, catching up with her. She kept walking. "I said, wait." I took her shoulders and spun her around. Her face was stained with tears. "C-could you ever forgive me?" she asked. I let go of her shoulders. "I don't know," I replied.

We walked back to the houses in silence. I liked it that way; it was peaceful. You could hear the sound of the ocean and the forest behind it.

When we finally reached our houses, we stood in the doorways just looking at each other. The silence was starting to get unbearable. She was about to turn when I spoke up. "Yeah," I said, "I forgive you." We both smiled and said our goodbyes.

I fell asleep happy that night.

________________________________________________________________________



I really liked this one! Please review and/or leave comments in my notebook. Keep reading!



AfricanbutAmerican
© Copyright 2012 AfricanbutAmerican (fisco2345 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1873849-Complicated