*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1874012-Making-The-Big-Time---Chapter-1
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Chapter · Relationship · #1874012
A story from the point of view of a girl trying to make it big in the Music Industry :D
Making The Big Time



Chapter 1



I could hardly sleep with excitement; only three more days to go. I couldn't wait! I could feel butterflies inside, fluttering their way up my throat, erupting in excited squeals every few minutes. I couldn't believe it, this would put me out there. This would make me known.



I opened my eyes. As my eyes focused in the dark, I stared at my clock. As my vision went from dark fussiness to a more focusable sharpness, I saw the time. 4:57 AM. I sighed. Really? Then I remembered. I gasped, and lay back in bed, looking at my ceiling, hugging myself with happiness. A while later, I could feel myself drifting off to sleep. I knew I wouldn't sleep if I was this wound up, so I let sleep envelope me, enjoying the comfort of getting a good nights sleep.



As I opened my eyes, I looked outside the window of the limousine, to see a beautiful golden sunrise. As I stared on, I wondered what time it was. I could feel the cold of the leather seats pressed against my legs. I pulled out my mobile phone, and as I squinted my eyes from the screen in the dark, I could see the time. 6:28 AM. I sat back. As I drifted to sleep, I could feel my warm legs peeling off the leather seats as I moved.



When I woke up, I looked around to see a luxurious hotel room, with a high ceiling, and red and cream walls. I got up out of bed, and looked around for my suitcases. There were none there. My belongings were nowhere to be found. It was as if no one was staying here. As I walked around, still in my clothes, I could hear voices outside. I walked into the kitchen to see a guy with blonde spiky hair, and jeans and a t-shirt, and a woman with glossy light brown hair pulled back in a tight bun, not a hair out of place, but still a friendly smile. She wore a professional skirt, with a loose blouse. They were with two others, another man and woman, dressed the same. As I walked in, hair all over the place, looking at these perfectly glossed and groomed professionals, they all stood up to greet me.

"Jeff,'' The guy with the blonde hair introduced himself. He held out his hand. I took it and shook hands with him, flashing him a friendly smile.

''Amy,'' The girl in the skirt said. I shook hands with her, and she looked at my new expression.

''Are you OK? You look a bit..... nervous.'' She said.

''Oh, well, I just don't know how this will work. I've been rejected by other producers before, so I was a bit apprehensive about taking this opportunity!'' I explained.

''Don't worry, Jeff is a brilliant music producer. We'll help you with everything - No need to be worried!''

''Thanks so much, I'm very grateful for getting the opportunity to record music over in America. I'm so excited!''

''Well, not just anyone gets that opportunity - only very talented singers.'' Jeff pitched in, flashing me a brilliant white smile. You could tell by the smile that he earned a lot. It was one of those I-paid-hundreds-for-these-teeth smile. Must be successful, then. I returned the smile. I turned to the other two, giving them a friendly, inviting smile. The guy stepped forward.

''Harry,'' He said. I walked over to him, took his hand, and shook it. His partners eyes narrowed. I turned to her, flashing a friendly smile. She looked at me.

''Amanda,'' she stated. I went to shake hands, but she turned away, looking around the room, as if she didn't notice. I stood awkwardly, recieved a friendly glance from Harry, and then shrugged off her behaviour. I wouldn't let it bother me; it wasn't important. I walked back over to Jeff.

''So,'' I said, ''When do we get started?'' I laughed.

''Forward,'' He laughed. ''Nice approach.''
© Copyright 2012 LaytonLukeLover (laytonlukelove at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1874012-Making-The-Big-Time---Chapter-1