*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1874129-Their-Adventure
Rated: E · Fiction · Children's · #1874129
The beginning of a child's first adventure
“Their Adventure”


                   “Finished!” Luke said excitedly to his Aunt Sophie.  She smiled at him, “Almost!”  He looked a little hurt until she said “don’t you think it needs a moat?”  His face broke out into a huge grin as they got to work.  It was the perfect sandcastle, his very first and he was so proud of it.

                   Luke was 5 now and Sophie wanted to do something special, so she took him camping on the beach for an adventure he’ll never forget.  She wanted to make him feel special.  He has an older sister who won’t let him have any attention, so when she was able to get Luke for the camping trip, she set out to give him a great vacation.

                   After playing for a while, Sophie said to Luke “Why don’t you go find us two sticks so we can make S’MORES?!”  Luke was so happy, he ran off immediately.  “That boy is so sweet…I Love him so”, she wiped a tear from her eye.

                   He didn’t have to go far from the camper to find them, and it wasn’t long before they were enjoying a roaring fire and the deliciously melting messy s’mores.  Luke lays slumped in his chair, belly full of yummy treats, snuggly wrapped in a blanket.  With his arms folded behind his head, he stares at the moon thinking of how happy he feels. 

                   “Hey Luke, I forgot to give you your gift!”  “I get another one?!” he perked up excitedly.  “Oh, this is a special gift.  It was given to me by the old woman at the lighthouse.  Her family lived there for generations.  When she saw you yesterday, she said you reminded her of her brother, a treasure hunter…It’s a treasure map you see…Shall we have an adventure?”  His eyes lit up.


© Copyright 2012 Dobie Mom (dobielove at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1874129-Their-Adventure