*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1874193-Hope-for-Laila
by titch
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Action/Adventure · #1874193
When a young girl in attacked, her life is flipped upside down.
His cold thumb pressed down on my air way. His spindly fingers, wrapping around my neck. My body started to panic, this stranger wasn’t joking, with the pressure increasing with every second; breathing soon became a thing of the past. My mouth gasping for breath, but no air filling my desperate lungs. As a last ditch attempt to save myself, my left arm shot out, aiming for his face, I’m still unsure of what I aimed to achieve, but it seemed a good idea, better than standing there, staring at your killer, waiting to die. He brushed my arm to one side, like it was a fly or a falling leaf, pinning it to the wall beside my head. My fingers curled, digging into his, trying to free the pressure.

There was no hope.

My eyes were filling with tears. I could feel my body slowing, I gave in, dropping my fighting hand to my side, there was no point. Tears now rolling down my face, I looked deep into the murder’s eyes which seemed to glow in the surrounding darkness. I could feel the desperation in my body, pleading him to let me go with the look I burrowed into him.

A pang of guilt shot across his face. 

The pressure lessened, allowing small amounts of oxygen into my dieing body. I gasped, taking in as much air as possible. He released my left arm, allowing it to fall heavily to my side. With just enough oxygen to stay alive now circulating my body, he moved in close. Pressing his body against mine, pinning me tight to the wall. I looked into his eyes, why me? He stared back. He swooped his head close to mine. Breathing heavily against my neck, “Are you listening…Laila?” he whispered through clenched teeth. How did he know my name? I immediately nodded my head, no hesitation, “Good. Now you better listen, cos’ I’m only saying this once. Now, you’re gonna’ pick up your bag, walk over to your car, where you can see Mark and Omar are already waitin’. They will give you your next instructions. Got me?” my head nodded, not making a sound, “Oh and you tell no one where your goin’ or what your doin’. Right” Again, my head nodded, part of me confused, and intrigued, the rest, terrified.

He backed off, moving away from me, leaving his hand clenched around my neck, he smiled, dropped his life threatening hand. “What if I don’t” the first words to spring to mind, fleeing my mouth without thought. My hands clasped to my mouth, shocked that I had spoken. He laughed, still smiling, “You will. Now get walkin’, I’m right behind you so don’t even think about trying anything.” Still trying to catch by breath I inhaled the cold night’s air deep into my lungs. I grabbed my bag from the pavement where I had dropped it in surprise.

I couldn’t stay, if I did who knows what would happen, and there was no way I was giving that man a line to attack me again. I slung my bag over my shoulder and followed my orders, almost jogging across to the car parked on just the other side of the street, I didn’t even stop to think or look back.

Reaching the car, my hand hovered over the door handle. Looking back across the road, I could just make out the silhouette of a figure, standing where he had just pinned me against the wall, leaning against the bricks. I needed to go. Looking through the window I saw two figures, one in the passengers seat, the other in the centre of the back seat, leaning forwards. They were talking, laughing. Then in perfect sync they both looked at me. The corner of their lips turning up, slowly spreading into a toothy smile highlighted by the moon light, it sent a shiver down my spine and made me even more unsure. The man in the passenger seat lent over, opening the drivers door, pushing it open with just one finger. I stood open mouthed unsure of what I was doing or what I should do next. Slowly he placed his hand on the drivers’ seat, patting it; “Jump in” his voice was low yet strangely soothing and familiar. I did as I was told, lowering myself into the drivers seat. I turned to shut the door behind me but found it to be already in motion to closing, being pushed by the man who had just held my life in his hands. The door shut with a bang which echoed around the car. I heard the car lock. There was no turning back, no escape.

© Copyright 2012 titch (titchcorrea at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1874193-Hope-for-Laila