*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1874587-Comic-book-logic
by Krissi
Rated: E · Other · Political · #1874587
Our life in comic book terms.... a little surprising
         Okay, in today’s world, black is white, white is black and gray seems to cover everything. It is nearly impossible to see what is right with the ‘gray area’ being so big. I always find it easier to understand things when I break them down into basic terms. So, let’s assume we are in a comic book. Chose one city, say Washington D.C. and make that the center of the story. Now we have us, the helpless, dependent, ordinary losers that can’t seem to do anything but cry for help every time something goes haywire (and yes I am included in this and so are you). Now for the main plot we need three things, the hero, the villain, and the stupid cops that always seem to make things worse. Well, government is always trying to help. They are ever present it seems; the first ones on the scene. The problem is they can’t ever solve the problem. They try to contain it, it spreads. They try to chase it, it gets away. So, we will cast the US Government in the role of cops. Now remember, this doesn’t make them good or bad, just extremely annoying and fundamentally useless in dire situations. Next, we need the super villains. Let’s just take a guess at who they are. Since they are usually individuals in the comics (the Joker, Dr. Doom etc.) so will our villains. Take certain politicians, greedy ‘civilians’, a lazy, uncaring country, and throw in some bad conditions like hunger or drought. There you go, instant super villains. Here is where the problem comes in. We have to name a super hero. Going back to our reference point, the comic books, he or she should be one of us. They should walk around by day looking completely normal but by night, they rule the city. See the problem here is not necessarily that there is a lack of one, but that we don’t seem to understand the concept of this super hero and might not like what they really are. Look at the comic book from the villain’s view. They may be breaking the law, but who decides if they were or not. Who decides how they get punished? The super hero. Anyone and everyone can become a villain as long as the hero says they are. When I said the hero ruled the town, I meant it. This hero is a psychopath with unbeatable power who just happens to direct it towards the correct people. Could the power get to him? Yes, we have seen heroes turn villain many a time. So what makes him better than the civilians, cops, or for that matter, the villains? The urge to help the city and the self created power to do so. We are over run by super villains, completely defenseless, and our cops are simply useless. I would say we could use help. Now, I know what this all sounds like. However, I am not saying that I want someone to overthrow the government and America to have a dictator. This is just the problem broken down as I see it. When all of you are crying to your government to save you, praying for a hero, just remember what you’re asking for, and ask yourself, are you really ready for a super hero?
© Copyright 2012 Krissi (lostwriter2 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1874587-Comic-book-logic