*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1874814-The-Best-Part-of-the-Day
Rated: E · Essay · Family · #1874814
The best part of my day!!
Exhausted from a long day at work, I trudge upstairs into my home.  There I hear the magic word.  "Outside, outside" my two-year-old son yells.  I immediately gain strength from his enthusiasm and head back downstairs.  My son pushes my hand away.  He's a big boy now and can walk down the stairs by himself.

We get outside.  The familiar sound of a train is in the air.  "Choo-choo" my boy states.  As we head up the street the train passes into the early evening.  "Bub-bye choo-choo" my boy says.

We continue over to the library.  My boy once again tackles the stairs up to the door.  "Closed" he informs me.  We must go back down.  Not a problem for the little man.  With a giant step he is back down the stairs and on to the next adventure. 

Up the street we go.  Passing people sitting in their yard we both say "hi" and "bye" as we continue on our walk.  We make it a couple of blocks and turn around.  Back the way we came it is more of the same.  "Hi", "Bye", "Choo-choo".  We make it back home and our outside journey has ended.  Refreshed, we head upstairs to see what my lovely wife has made for dinner.  "Mmmm" my boy proclaims.

It's the best part of my day.
© Copyright 2012 vball1967 (vball1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1874814-The-Best-Part-of-the-Day