*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1874865-Halloween-Night
Rated: E · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #1874865
Who stays home on Halloween night?
  Daniel sat there in front of the TV, mindlessly flipping through the channels. He was growing tired of the Home Shopping Network that aired on every channel this time of night. He finally sat up, taking a little too long due to the slouching position he was in. Every night, when he would get up to go to the bathroom, he could hear his mother’s shrill voice lecturing him about how this unhealthy position could ruin his spine forever. Honestly, he couldn’t care less about what she said. In fact, he was pretty sure that he adopted that posture all the more simply because of her forbidding it. 

  He glanced at the clock on his table, the only source of light in his apartment apart from the TV. 

  4:16 AM It flashed furiously at him. 

  “ Fine. Fine. It’s past 4 o’clock in the morning, I get it.” he mumbled as he made his way to the bathroom. 

  He heard his stomach growl as he was washing his hands and decided to make himself a sandwich. He hummed a stray tune on his way to the tiny kitchen, but paused when he heard a howl from the apartment adjacent to his, followed by incessant laughter. 

  “ Maniacs.” he grumbled. “ They act like creatures of the night by howling like idiots after drinking themselves silly on Halloween. They think it’s funny somehow. Ugh, I need a drink.” 

  Daniel opened the cabinet at the top and looked at the assortment of vials containing a bright red liquid in them, trying to decide which one would help dowse the headache the posers had caused him. 

  He finally picked one, and sniffing it, he said, “ Let’s hope a rare O negative does the trick.” He gulped down the blood in one swift movement and licked his lips. 

  “ Not too bad considering that it came from one of those uptight rich boys. At least he is good for something now.” 

  He let the last few drops of the fluid drip onto his sandwich and took a bite out of it. He could still hear the thumping music and senseless laughter seeping through the paper thin wall separating his apartment from the posers’. 

  “ It seems that I’ll have to teach them not to make fun of things they are oblivious about tomorrow.” Daniel mused on his own. “ For now, I could do with one more drink.” 

  With that he grabbed another vial from the cabinet and went back to mindlessly surfing through the channels again.  .
© Copyright 2012 RoseHathaway (rosehathaway at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1874865-Halloween-Night