*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1875172-Thundermaw
by Negasi
Rated: E · Fiction · Death · #1875172
Daily Flash Fiction June 21st, 2012. Thundermaw fights against Grazdigerous the Sorcerer.
         As the lightning bolt Grazdigerous the Sorcerer had conjured met with the clouds above, it's power heightened, tenfold. The sorcerer was a powerful magician indeed, but even as he sent the overcharged bolt at his enemy, he knew it was futile.

         The dragon, Thundermaw, opened his mouth wide and as if it were no simpler a task than drinking, he swallowed the attack. “Is that the best you can do human? You seek to use the elements against me, yet you forget I was born of the core of this world. You cannot use it against me, and you are foolish if you think otherwise,” the great black scaled dragon roared, but he would get no response from the human. The sorcerer had long since stopped feeding into the dragon's game.

         He knew his end was coming, and swiftly, yet he would not let his enemy take him down without a fight. As Thundermaw's mouth began to glow electric blue, Grazdigerous' staff shone crimson red, and without warning a stream of lightning and a stream of crimson magic collided in the air. They were locked in a stalemate for what seemed like hours when suddenly there was a loud explosion.

         When the dust settled, only Thundermaw was still standing, unscathed except for a curious crimson patch on his chest.




And so they became one.
© Copyright 2012 Negasi (negasi at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1875172-Thundermaw