*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1875695-My-Failure-of-Sneaking-Out
Rated: ASR · Other · Comedy · #1875695
Cassie returns from sneaking out to a party and has some trouble with the consequences.
         Cassy crouched behind the bushes over by the basement window. She cursed under her breath. Sadie told her sneaking out would be fun, but she was wrong. So, so, so wrong.
         The party had been loud and poorly lit. Sadie had ditched her and Cassy had to walk home, and she had forgotten her key. So here she was, at two in the morning, trying to find an unlocked window. Fail.
         Oh, well. She might as well sleep here. The grass was very cushy. It probably wouldn't rain. Cassy buried herself in the leaves and fell asleep.

         "Cassy, what on Earth are you doing?"
         "What?" Cassy mumbled blearily, sitting up. "Waz goin' on?" She shook the leaves off of her and pulled herself to her feet, only to see her mother standing in front of her, arms crossed.
         "Cassy," her mother reprimanded, "You are laying in bed of leaves at eight in the morning wearing a very short silver dress. What moved you to do that?"
         "I- I," Cassy stuttered, "It- it was the voices. The voices in my head told me to do it."
         "Oh, really?" Cassy's mother drawled, raising an eyebrow. "Which voices, might I ask?"
         Cassy grasped at the chance. "It was Lady Gaga, Mickey Mouse, and Flo from those Progressive commercials. If I put on the dress and slept outside, I would save money next time we went to Disney. I thought it was a pretty good deal. Lady Gaga even offered to throw in a free lobster hat."
         Cassy's mom stared at her then slowly shook her head. "You left your keys in the fridge." She walked away, and Cassy thought she heard her muttering something about how she didn't raise her daughter to be such a horrible liar.
         Cassy frowned. It was definitely an improvement over last week's truck-driving German Shepard.
© Copyright 2012 You_Obviously_Love_Oreos (noodles2012 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1875695-My-Failure-of-Sneaking-Out