*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1876211-Another-Love-Story-Part-2-Chapter-7-
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Other · Young Adult · #1876211
Starting at Chapter 7...
Chapter 7

Ten months later Andrew and I were still going out, still happy as ever. Most of the time. We had had a couple of fights, but nothing horrible. Just arguments mostly. Now that it had been ten months, the whole school pretty much noticed that we were getting serious.
“Andrew, you ready for this,” one guy said.
“Leah, you two are so going to get married! You are so cute together!” One girl said. I guess I never explained what I looked like, well here it goes. I have nothing special going for me, just average. I have dark brown hair, a bit longer then my shoulders (although I’m growing it out.) I have hazel eyes, no freckles. I am somewhat pale, I’m not skinny, but I’m not fat. I’m average for my age, and I’m 5 foot 5. Like I said, just average all around. I don’t see what Andrew sees in me, being that in school we’re complete opposites, as well as in looks. But I have him, and I try not to question it.
         Later that day we met up after school.
“Hey babe,” He said smiling at me. Babe… I liked that.
“Hey” I said with a little giggle. “Are we going do something today?”
“I was hoping so, if you didn’t have any plans,” He answered. Unfortunately I did.
“Don’t worry, I don’t,” I said. “Let’s get out of here.” I know I shouldn’t do this; I had a history of it. But I continued to blow off my friends and our plans. I knew sooner or later this would lead to them not asking me to do anything anymore, and Andrew would be all I had left. But at this moment, that’s just the way I wanted it. I didn’t want to be with anyone else, I didn’t need anyone else. I needed Andrew, and he’s all I wanted. Just him.

That night I was sitting alone in my room, crying. Andrew and I had just had a fight, a bad one. I didn’t know what was going to happen to us, but I just wanted him back. I wanted him to come to my house, scoop me up into his arms, kiss me and tell me everything is okay. Instead my phone rang.
“Hello,” I answered weakly.
“Leah…” He said. It was Andrew.
“Andrew, I’m sorry. Please talk to me.” I pleaded.
“Are you in your room?” He asked.
“Yeah, why?” I answered. But my question was answered. I heard a small knock on my window. I looked out into the darkness and saw him. Andrew was standing there in the rain, looking at me. I slid across my bed, opened the window and then opened the screen. Now all he has to do is hold me and kiss me, I thought.
“Hi” He smiled.
“I missed you,” I said, and right then I started crying. I didn’t like crying in front of him, it made things uncomfortable. But I just couldn’t stop myself. I was afraid of him leaving me, of us not being Leah and Andrew anymore. Of him never calling me “baby” and never kissing me again. I was afraid to lose the person I wanted more then anyone in the entire world and I just couldn’t handle it. He pulled me in close to him, and I put my face into his chest. I could smell his cologne, and the scent of his skin. I wanted nothing else but to be right there, next to him.
“Leah I need to tell you something.” He said after a minute of me crying on him. My heart started beating so quickly and loudly, was he going to break up with me?
“Yeah?” I answered, trying to hold back the tears, the sadness of what I thought were going to be his next words.
“I love you.” He said to me. I know, after ten months of dating we hadn’t said those three words yet. But both of us wanted to be sure we meant it, wanted to actually feel it before we said it. Not the typical high school couple that say it three minutes after they date. But a serious couple who wanted to feel the words before saying them.
“I love you Andrew,” I replied, almost breathless. I couldn’t believe that we had made it this far. He smiled at me, but his smile was different. It wasn’t the same happy smile he always made, but it was more. It told me more. I couldn’t believe how much I did love him. All these months trying to not get to attached in fear that he would finally realize there are so many better girls out there, but he had said it first. He had made the move; I hadn’t pushed him into something he didn’t feel. He felt this way about me, and I returned that feeling. Parents always say that kids don’t know what true love is. But tonight, I figured it out. Even better I figured out who it was.
© Copyright 2012 JustAnotherGirl (andrew10910 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1876211-Another-Love-Story-Part-2-Chapter-7-