*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1876780-Snow
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Contest Entry · #1876780
When she falls, Winter comes
Word Count: 552

         The magic mirror has betrayed her, given away her location, and the evil witch of the Queen has come to lure Snow to her end. Driven by jealousy, she has fed Snow the poisoned apple. Snow, gullible, has taken the bite. She falls into oblivion, collapsed on the ground of the forest just outside the house of her protectors, where she lies frozen cold, unmoving. The dwarves find the fallen Snow and weep. Doc tries to revive her, but there is nothing he can do. She is lost in the between, neither dead nor alive. They make a bed for her of leaves and ivy, and lie her on it as they mourn her loss. Her glossy hair is strewn over a pillow of moss. Her lithe body is supine. Her firm breasts rise and fall with each breath, the only indication that there is hope.
         The prince, Winter, arrives, spurred on by the news of the beauty lying still in the forest. He cuts a heroic frame, with chiseled features, a tall sinewy body, and deep turquoise eyes. The dwarves make room for him, breaking their circle of mourning, allowing the young man to approach their lady-love.
         Through the haze, she feels his breath on her even before she feels his lips. His touch raises her out of the depths of unconsciousness. The fresh scent of his skin arouses her. Her nipples harden. Warmth builds within her, and she feels a longing which wakes her out of her stupor, to receive his mouth. She opens her eyes, and sees the man who has brought her back around from the edge of the cliff. She wants to be lost again, in his arms.
         "I have come to claim you, lover," he whispers in her ear. "Will you come with me?"
         "Where?" she asks.
         "To our home, where you will be safe from the reach of the evil Queen."
         "Is it far?"
         "Not far."
         "Let us go there now."
         She says her goodbyes to her benefactors. The dwarves wave the couple off as they ride off together and disappear between the trees.
         She rides the white horse, mounted in front of him, feeling the warmth of him around her, her anticipation building. She can already imagine his body on hers. She longs for his lips again, for the taste of his mouth. The hairs on her arms rise, and she feels the wetness come. She longs to be off the horse, to ride him instead.
         The arrival to his castle doesn't come soon enough, but eventually they find themselves there. He carries her in his arms, to the bedroom, where he undresses her slowly, undoing the front of her bodice, removing her skirts, until he reveals nothing but a gossamer shift covering her milky white body. He kisses her neck and she shudders with pleasure. He cups a breast in his hand, and runs his hand through her hair as he kisses her deep and hungry.
         "You're going to make me fall again, aren't you?" she asks.
         "For the rest of your life," he says.
         "Kiss me, then," she says, "and let me me fall for you."
         Outside, the winter air turns to ice, but inside their chamber, the skin is afire.
         Snow comes for Winter, Winter comes for Snow.
© Copyright 2012 Ms. Frosty (clarisabrown at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1876780-Snow