*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1877110-Robbie-Part-4
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Young Adult · #1877110
More of Robbie's supermarket life and home life
          Sunday morning Robbie awoke at 6AM. He grabbed some clothes out of the closet and walked into the bathroom. Twenty minutes later he was freshly showered and dressed in Khaki pants, a light blue T-Shirt with the logo of The Marketplace Supermarket on it, and a pair of socks. His bleached blonde hair was damp. As he walked down the hall towards the kitchen Kyle came out of the guestroom wearing only a pair of Family Guy boxer shorts.

"Robbie, you're going to work?"
"Yeah. I got called at 2:30AM and I have to work 7 til one."
"Thanks for letting Ryan and I stay here."
"Anytime."

          Robbie continued down the hall to the kitchen. From the fridge he grabs a one liter bottle of Mountain Dew, which he carries into the family room. He sits on a chair and puts on his boots. Grabbing his cell phone, wallet, and keys off the table he walks out the door and gets into his SUV. He makes the drive to The Marketplace Supermarket in New Britain. He smokes a joint before going inside.
          Inside the supermarket Robbie is surprised to see the Assistant Manager Jake Conner stationed at a register. There are four people in line. Robbie waves to Jake and walks to his office. He unlocks the door and sits on a chair in front of his computer. He logs onto the computer and prints the day's schedule. He opens the bottle of Mountain Dew and takes a few sips. Jake appears in the doorway.

"Jake, what are you doing here?"
"Tim called out and I couldn't find anyone to take the shift."
"I got back from Philly early, so I could've covered the shift.
"That's right! You're supposed to be in Philly! That's why I was confused when Dave told me you were coming in today."

          Robbie stood up, stretched, and took a few more sips of soda. He sprays himself with body spray, puts a drop of Visine in each eye, and grabs the printout out of the printer. He takes his name badge off his desk and closes the door as he walks out of the office.

"It's almost seven and I'm taking off," said Jake.

          Jake clocks out and left the store. Robbie clocks in and glances at the schedule. He had two cashiers, one bagger who could also cashier if necessary, and a cart pusher all coming in for 7 O'clock. Roland came up to the Front End. He clocked in and did a double take when he saw Robbie.

"Robbie, you copying my style with your bleached blonde hair?" asked Roland.
"I changed my look for my DJ gig in Philly. You're on Register number 5 today."

         The next employee to arrive was Cindy DiBella. She clocks in.

"Good Morning, Cindy. You're on the Express Lane today. Register fifteen, please."

          The bagger Nate Ramierez was next. He clocked in. He was a high school junior and a member of the track team.

"Nate have you seen Bill Richardson?"
"No, Robbie I haven't."
"That means you have shopping cart duty until ten when Dustin comes in."
"Aw man."

          Reluctantly Nate grabbed an orange safety vest from behind the counter and walked outside as Greg Peterson the store manager was walking in. Greg was dressed in khaki pants, a blue denim button down shirt and black sneakers. He walked to where Robbie was standing.

"Greg, can we talk in my office?"
"Sure thing."

          Robbie unlocked the door to his office. Greg followed him inside and closed the door. Robbie sat in the chair in front of his desk and spun around to face Greg. He was seated on the edge of Ryan's desk.

"We need to fire Bill Richardson."
"Fill me in Robbie. I worked til 2:30 on Friday and got out at 10 yesterday."
"Today is the third day in a row that Bill was a no call/no show. "
"Thanks for letting me know."

          They leave Robbie's office. Greg heads towards the far end of the store where there are stairs leading to his office. Robbie stands at the podium watching over the Front End. He glances at his watch. It was only 7:30. It wouldn't get busy for another hour. Roland walked over to Robbie.

"What happened at Club Cosmic last night?" asked Roland. "That DJ was awful."
"You were there?"
"I was for a little while. When I got there he was playing some weird 80s music. Twenty minutes later he stopped playing music and I left."
"It was almost Midnight when I arrived and he still wasn't playing music. I put on a CD and kicked him out. Then Ms. Swanson blamed me and suspended me."
"Do you want me to say something to her? I can send her a private message on Facebook."
"Don't worry about it. It will be nice to have a Friday and Saturday night off for a change."

         Roland went back to his register. It remained slow until 7:45 when there was a small rush of customers. Robbie got on register seven to help. At 8:00 he got off the register. Three more cashiers came in an hour later at 9:00. It was time for Robbie to take his break, but there was no one to watch over the Front End. He walked over the phone, lifted the receiver, and pressed page.

"Greg Peterson please come to the Front End. Greg Peterson please come to the Front End."

         A moment later Greg came over to where Robbie was standing.

"Greg, I need to take my break, Will you please watch over the front end?"
"Sure thing."

          Robbie walked over to Roland's register and turned off his light.

"Time for your break Roland. In fact I want you to take it in my office with me."

         They walked into Robbie's office. Robbie sat down in his chair. Roland sat in the other chair and closed the door.

"Check this out Roland," said Robbie as he took out his wallet. He took out the check and handed it to Roland. His eyes went wide.

"You got paid two hundred fifty thousand for that DJ gig in Philly?" exclaimed Roland.
"No. They gave that to me because I didn't DJ."
"Huh?"
"The event was sponsored by a radio station and I got fat shamed by the lady who worked there and she canceled my DJ gig." He took the check back from Roland.
"They canceled your gig because of of your weight? That's discrimination."
"The Manager of the radio station gave me this check so I wouldn't sue them."
"We're all fat man. You know my weight goes up and down all the time." He lifted up his shirt and jiggled his belly.

         Robbie finished his bottle of soda and threw the empty bottle in the trash. He and Roland walked out of the office. Roland went back to his register. Robbie stood next to Greg.

"Thanks for watching The Front. Lisa Loveland is coming in at 10."

         The rest of the morning went by quickly. There weren't too many issues to take care of. Fifteen minutes before the end of his shift Lisa walked over to the podium where Robbie was standing.

"Robbie, where is the Bumble Bee Tuna? It's not in the aisle where all the sale items are."
"It didn't come in. We're substituting Starkist brand."

         Robbie took the print out of the email from the Grocery Manager off the podium. He walked with Lisa to where a middle age female customer with black hair was standing in Aisle 7.

"I'm sorry ma'am, but the Bumble Bee Tuna did not come in on the truck. We are offering Starkist for the same sale price. Here's an email the Grocery Manager sent to myself and the store manager."

         The woman snatched the printout out of Robbie's hand. She crumpled it up and threw it on the floor.

"This is unacceptable! I demand to speak to the manager! I certainly cannot trust the likes of you with your bleached blonde hair, work boots, and diamond earrings! You look like you just escaped from prison! You cannot possibly have any authority around this place!"

         Robbie and Lisa exchanged glances.

"Ma'am, Robbie is my boss. I can assure you he does have authority here. His title is Customer Service Manager. I'm an Assistant Customer Service Manager and that means Robbie is my boss."

         Lisa walked over to the telephone that was mounted on a support beam in Aisle 7. She lifted the receiver and pressed page.

"Greg Peterson to Aisle 7 for customer assistance please. Greg to Aisle 7 for customer assistance."

         Lisa walked back to where Robbie and the customer were standing. He was glaring at the customer and trying to decide whether to stick around or leave early. The customer looked like she was going to make another smart-ass remark about him.

"Furthermore a Manager would be named Robert not Robbie!" said the customer.

         Robbie walked over to the time clock and clocked out. He walked out of the store and across the parking lot to where his SUV was parked. He knew sneaking out was a cowardly thing to do, but with him losing two DJ gigs the night before he wasn't feeling confident he could resolve the issue without telling the customer to go to hell in such a way that she looked forward to the trip. Robbie starts the SUV and lowers both windows. The clock on the radio read 12:57. He drives around and parks in the fire lane. A moment later Roland came outside.

"Get in. I'll give you a ride to my house."
"Thanks." He gets into the SUV.

         Robbie pulled out of the parking lot and made a left onto North Mountain Road. At the stop sign he takes a right onto West Main Street.

"Was Greg able to take care of that crazy customer?"
"When I clocked out she was screaming at Greg, demanding to talk to the owner."
"She puts the zee in crazy."
"What happened anyway?"
"She was extremely angry because the Bumble Bee Tuna didn't come in. She would not accept the fact that we're substituting Starkist."
"That's our normal policy."
"Lisa and I tried explaining that to her and she didn't want to know anything about it."
"Have you ever dealt with someone like this before?"
"I've worked in retail since I was sixteen. I'm twenty-eight now and obviously I've seen my share of problematic customers, but never one as bat shit crazy as this one. I've also never been so insulted by a customer before."
"What did she say?"
"She asserted that I had no authority in the store because my hair is bleached blonde, I'm a guy who wears earrings, and because my name tag says Robbie, not Robert.. Yes my legal name is Robert, but I've always gone by Robbie."
"What does your appearance or name have to do with how you do your job? As for names, I went by Ro until I went to high school."
"None of that has anything to do with how I do my job."
"Exactly. You're right. She's crazy."
"At least you can't smell weed on me anymore. I smoked a joint at 6:45AM and put on some body spray. If she could smell that she would've really let me have it."

         Roland rolled his eyes. They drove by a building in Plainville that had a sign in front of it that read Coming Soon: Amy's Sandwich and Ice Cream Shop."

"Ever since BK closed in that spot nothing has lasted very long there," said Robbie.
"I know. Amy's will be the third business in that spot in the past eighteen months."

         It was another ten minutes before they arrived at Robbie's house. Robbie left the SUV parked in the driveway. The two friends get out and walk to the front door. Inside the house they walk downstairs to the man cave. The TV is tuned to the New York Yankees game, but there is no sign of Ryan or Kyle.

"Make yourself comfortable and help yourself to soda or beer from the fridge. I'll be right back."

         Robbie walked upstairs. In the kitchen Ryan Burton was staring into the freezer. He is wearing a pair of cargo shorts and a sleeveless red t-shirt.

"What's going on dude?"
"When did you get home?"
"A few minutes ago. Roland is downstairs."
"How was work?"
"Things were good until right before I was ready to go home. That's when I encountered a customer who put the zee in crazy.

Ryan shut the freezer and then asked "What was her problem?"
"She had a major freak out because a sale item didn't come in."
"Really? What sale item?"
"Canned tuna. She went ape shit on Lisa, Myself, and Greg."
"Right up the food chain. I suppose if I was there today she would've went off on me too."
"She had a lot of not nice things to say about my appearance and my name. On the way here Roland told me that the customer was demanding that Greg let her talk to the owner."
"Your appearance? What's wrong with your appearance? I've worked with you since the store opened a few years ago and never noticed anything unusual about your appearance?"
"The bleached blonde hair and the earrings."
"Really? Your earrings?" There was a hint of surprise in Ryan's voice. "That's ridiculous. What's wrong with your earrings?"
"I'm a guy who wears earrings."
"So what? Lots of guys wear earrings."
"Apparently she thinks because I'm a manager I shouldn't earrings."
"There's an Assistant Manger at the Bristol Walmart by the name of Lenny Mongillo who wears earrings."
"How do you know?"
"We graduated from Plainville High School together."

         They walked downstairs. Roland was sitting in one of the recliners in a reclined position.

"Hey Roland," said Ryan.
"Hey. Did Robbie tell you about the crazy woman?"
"Yeah. Sounds to me like someone trying to make something out of nothing."

         Ryan and Robbie sat down on the couch.

"Where's Kyle?" asked Robbie.
"He borrowed the Camaro and went to pick up some beer."
"He what?! Who gave him permission to drive my car?" Robbie sounded angry.
"He saw the key fob for it and took it. He told me where he was going before he left."
"I swear if Kyle wasn't one of my best friends I would have him arrested."
"I told him not to take it, but he didn't listen."

         They stopped talking as Kyle walked down the stairs carrying a twelve pack of Coors Light. The three friends stared at him.

"What?" he asked.
"You stole my car. That's what!"
"I didn't steal it, I borrowed it." He put the case of beer on the floor.
"Borrowing involves asking. Just taking is stealing. I should kick your ass, but if you give me $20 for gas, I'll forget the whole thing."
"Deal," said Kyle as he reached into his pocket and took out his wallet. He took out 2 tens and gave them to Robbie.

         Robbie sat in the other recliner. Ryan sat on the couch. His brother Kyle opened the case of beer and took out a bottle. He sat on the couch, opened the bottle, and took a couple sips.

"How was work today?"
"Quiet until a woman went ape shit because the canned tuna that was on sale didn't come in."
"Canned tuna? Really?"

Robbie stood up and said "I'll be back in a few. I'm going to change my clothes and make some snacks."

         He walked upstairs to his bedroom and closed the door. He came out a few minutes later wearing blue jeans, a New York Yankees T-shirt, and a pair of flip-flops. He walked down the hall to the kitchen. From the freezer he grabbed two bags of TYSON Honey BBQ chicken wings, which he put on the counter. He took two baking sheets out of the cabinet and poured the wings onto them. He put them in the oven and set the timer for twenty minutes.

"Robbie, what are you making?" asked Roland as he came upstairs.
"I got wings in the oven."
"You need help with anything? I came upstairs to use the bathroom."
"Everything is all set. Thanks."

          Roland went down the hall to the bathroom. Robbie took out a pair of oven mitts Roland came back into the kitchen. He had taken off his shirt and tucked it into the back of his pants.

"I hope you don't mind that I took off my shirt. It's warm in here and I don't want to dirty my work shirt."
"How's the Yankees game?" asked Robbie.
"We're down 7-0 against the Twins and the game was going into the third inning when I came up here."
"Damn, that sucks. You know Cindy at work right?"
"Yeah, she's a real nice lady."
"Well, her husband just took their thirteen year old boys to their first Yankees game last weekend and they lost 15-8 against Kansas City."
"That had to suck for them. I don't know what our team's problem is this season."
"If you guys don't want to watch the game anymore, you can change the channel. NASCAR is on. I don't know what else is on. Get a couple platters out of the cabinet and put the wings on them. They'll be ready in a minute or so. Then you can bring them downstairs. I gotta take a piss."

         Robbie walked down the hall to the bathroom. The timer went off and Roland put on the oven mitts and carefully took the wings out of the oven. He poured them onto the platters. Then he shut off the oven and carried the platters downstairs.

"The Wings are ready guys!" exclaimed Roland as he put the platters on the coffee table.
"Awesome!" shouted Ryan. He high fived his brother Kyle.

         Kyle was looking at his cellphone.

"Roland, has Robbie seen this yet?"
"Seen what?"

         Kyle tossed his cellphone to Roland. He caught it.

"From The Club Cosmic Facebook page. This Friday Night Club Cosmic in Wolcott Presents: Latin Dance Party hosted by DJ JR Rodriguez of Caliente 99.5 FM - Waterbury's Latino Radio Station. DJ JR Rodriguez will be playing all the best in Latin Music - Salsa, Merengue, Reggaeton, and more. Security Provided by 451 Security Services of Bristol," read Roland. "Wow. That certainly going to be interesting. The three of us need to take Robbie's side on this and not go to this thing."
"Agreed."

         Robbie came back downstairs. He was carrying some Styrofoam plates, which he put on the table near the wings.

"What's happening guys?"
"Club Cosmic is doing a Latin Dance Party this Friday night," said Roland.
"Ms. Swanson certainly didn't waste anytime finding a replacement for me. Who's DJing that?"
"JR Rodriguez from Caliente 99.5 FM."
"That fool? I guess she didn't hear about what he did when he was DJing at Club Cyan in Waterbury."
"I didn't hear about it either. What happened?"
"11:30 at night, dude takes all his clothes off, gets out of the DJ booth and runs across the dance floor completely naked."
"Wait. What? Are you kidding me?"
"I saw the story on NBC 30's Facebook page."
"Damn. What they do to him?"
"Club Cyan had him arrested. Oh well. At least if something happens at Club Cosmic this Friday, she can't blame me for it."
"She shouldn't have blamed you for last night."

"Can we talk about work for a second guys?"
"Sure Robbie what's on your mind?" responded Kyle.
"We're firing Bill Richardson, so we are going to be down a cart guy. I have four shifts that need to be covered so Kyle and Roland two of your shifts will be changed to pushing carts. "
"Robbie you know I'm a team player, so I'll do whatever you ask," said Kyle. "What happened to Bill?"
"He didn't show up for his last three shifts."
"Really? Did you check to make sure he's okay?"
"Oh, he's okay all right. Greg checked Bill's Facebook Page. On Friday he posted a selfie of him and his fiance at Fenway Park for a Redsox game. On Saturday he posted a selfie of himself and his friends at Club Gator the all Country Night Club in Southington. Then this afternoon he posted a selfie of himself and his fiance at Lake Compounce."
"It almost seems like to me he thought that since you weren't on the schedule for yesterday or today he could get away with not showing up. Greg got out early yesterday and Friday."
"Bill has worked at the store for six months and should know the rules by now."

          Everyone walked over to the table where the wings were and grabbed a plate. They took turns loading up their plates with wings. Then they sat down with Ryan and Kyle sitting on the couch together and Robbie and Roland sitting in the two recliners. Robbie switched the TV from the Yankees game to the NASCAR race. They watched the race until the it ended.

"Do you want me to bring you guys back?" asked Robbie.
"Yeah, I wanna get home, take a shower, and have dinner." said Roland.

          Roland put his shirt back on. Robbie and his three friends got in his Blue Camaro. They made the drive back to The Marketplace in silence. The parking lot had cleared out some since earlier in the day. He pulled into the fire lane in front of the store.

"I'll drop these guys off," said Roland, referring to Ryan and Kyle."
"Are you sure?"
"Yeah, it's no trouble at all."
"Thanks for that. See you guys tomorrow."

          The three friends get out of the Camaro. They walk to Roland's car - a Blue Dodge Caliber. Robbie drives off. When he arrived home he lay down on the couch down in the man cave, deciding to take a nap until dinner. He ended up sleeping straight through until it was time time to get up to get ready for work.

          The next morning just before 7AM Greg is seated at Ryan's desk inside Robbie's office. Robbie is seated as his own desk.

"Do we have any applications on file for the open Cart Pusher position?" asked Robbie.
"No. I have three applications on file for Cashiers and two applications on file for Grocery Clerks."
"Do you want to call one of them and see if they'll accept the Cart Pusher position?"
"I don't know what I want to do. I know I have to fire Bill, but I'm not looking forward to it."
"He's coming in for his shift at nine."
"Both of you come up to my office when he gets here."

         Robbie and Greg leave the office. Robbie stood at the podium. Greg walked towards the Food Court. Robbie clocked in at the time clock. Roland along with a cart pusher named Dustin Daniels come up to the Front end to clock in.

"Good Morning Roland. Take register 7 please." said Robbie.

          Roland walked over to Register 7. Dustin put on his safety vest. Some of the customers thought he looked intimidating being that he was 5 foot 7 with a light blue mo-hawk, and being on the overweight side, but he was a very good worker. He had been with the company for nearly two years and only missed two days of work. He was always on time and always did what was asked of him without complaint. If he wasn't so anti-social Robbie would consider giving him a promotion. He walked outside. Tim got off his register and clocked out.

"Who's the guy with the blue mo-hawk?"
"That's Dustin, one of our cart pushers."
"Not very friendly is he?"
"Nope, but he's a good worker."

          Tim left the store. It was on the quiet side, which was a bit unusual. Roland stepped away from his register and grabbed the shopping cart someone left in the middle of the main aisle. He took it and began collecting all the gray hand baskets left at the registers. He rolled the cart over to the entrance and unloaded the baskets. He walked back to his register. Greg walked by on his way back up to his office carrying a doughnut and a bottle of chocolate milk.

"Who else is coming in this morning?" asked Roland.
"Nate is coming in at 8, Cindy at 8:30, Kyle at 9, and Ryan's coming in at 9 as well."
"What happened with that crazy customer from yesterday?"
"Greg called the owner and he came down and banned her from the store."

          As the morning wore on the store started to get busier. Ryan arrived at 8:50 and went into the office and sat down. Robbie followed him into the office and closed the door.

"Bill Richardson is supposed to be coming in for his shift at Nine," said Robbie.
"Is Greg going to handle everything?"
"I'm supposed to bring Bill up to his office when he gets in and the three of us are going to have a chat."
"What does Greg think about this?"
"He hasn't said."

          Robbie and Ryan came out of the office. Bill Richardson started walking towards the Front End. He was 23 years old and 6 ft 3 with the hair at the bottom of his head shaved off and the hair on top bleached blonde. Sometimes he wore contacts, other times like today he wore black framed glasses. He also had a gold hoop earring in each ear. He clocked in.

"Good morning Bill," said Robbie. "Greg Peterson would like to see you in his office."

         Robbie and Bill began walking towards the 2nd floor where Greg's office was. To Ryan Robbie said "I've gotta take care of this. When I'm done up there I'm going to take my break."
"Sure thing Robbie," said Ryan.

          Up in his office Greg is sitting at his desk. He has a stern look on his face. Robbie and Bill enter the office. Robbie closes the door and then stands off to one side.

"Take a seat Bill," said Greg.

Bill took a seat.

"Okay Bill. Here's the scoop," said Greg. "It has come to my attention that you missed your last three shifts."
"True," said Bill.
"Normally that wouldn't be a problem. It's understandable that people sometimes get sick or want a day off when they're not sick. We get that. I get that. The problem comes along when you don't call and tell Robbie, Ryan, Lisa, or one of the other managers to let them know you're not coming in."
"I'm sorry, sir. No excuses on my part."
"Normally in a situation like this I would have to fire you. However given that you've had no prior incidents and you've proven yourself a good worker until now I'm going to give you one final chance. If you blow it, you're done. Understand?"
"Thank-you sir. I appreciate it."
"Here's what I'm going to do. Your pay rate will remain the same, however you are being demoted from Full-time to Part-time. You're on probation for the next 12 months. Work your shift today and Robbie will have your new schedule for the rest of the week before you go home."
"Thank-you,sir."
"One last tip Bill. If you're Facebook friends with your bosses, don't post pictures of what your are doing when you're skipping work. You may go back to work."

         Bill left the office and went back downstairs.

"I'm taking my 15 minute break. I'll catch up with you later."

          Robbie walked down the stairs and out the door of the store. He walked across the parking lot to his SUV, which was parked near the Dunkin' Donuts. He gets in the SUV and rolls down the windows. He opened the center console and took out a small bag of weed, a bowl, and a lighter. He carefully poured the weed into the bowl and lit it. He took a hit, coughed a few times, and took another hit. He then coughed again before taking another hit. He coughed again and took yet another hit. He coughed one last time and put the bowl and lighter back in the center console. He then took out a bottle of body spray and sprayed himself with it. He put that away and then took out a bottle of Visine. He put a couple drops in each of his eyes. He put the Visine away and gets out of the SUV. He walks in-between the bushes into the parking lot of the Dunkin' Donuts. He goes inside. Although there were a few tables occupied, no one was in line at the counter.

"May I help you?" asked the attractive Latina behind the counter. She had dark hair with purple hi-lites.
"Large Strawberry Coolatta with no Whipped Cream."
"$4.85"

Robbie took his wallet out of his pocket and took out a $5.

"Keep the change honey."

         She handed him his drink and Robbie walked out of the Dunkin' Donuts. He crossed over into the supermarket parking lot. He walked across the parking lot and walked back inside the store. Suddenly it became clear to him what should be done. He then took a couple sips of his drink. Greg was standing behind the podium with Ryan.

"Greg, I have an idea. Can we discuss it in my office?"
"Sure thing, Robbie."

         They go inside his office and close the door. Robbie sits at his desk. Greg remains standing.

"What's this idea of yours Robbie?"
"Since we're demoting Bill Richardson to Part-Time, why don't we promote Dustin Daniels to Full-Time?"
"That is a good idea. Bring him in so we can give him the good news."

         Robbie walked out of the office and over to the entrance of the store. He stood waiting for Dustin. It was about two minutes before Dustin came up pushing a row of shopping carts into the store.

"Dustin, can I see you for a moment?"
"Sure thing Mr. Mullens," replied Dustin..
"Follow me to my office."

          Dustin followed Robbie into the store. Greg was waiting for them when they entered Robbie's office. Robbie closed the door.

"Dustin, you've been an excellent employee in the two years you've been here. You do your job well. You do not complain when asked to do extra stuff. You've come in on your days off on occasion when we've needed help. You have an excellent attendance record," said Greg.
"I need this job. It's hard to find work when you've only got a General Education Degree. I appreciate you guys taking a chance on me," said Dustin.
"That's why I'm pleased to inform you that you are getting a promotion!"
"Really?"
"Yes. Starting tomorrow we're promoting you to full-time! 40 hours ever week, 2 paid personal days, one week paid vacation, and a 30 cent raise in salary!"
"Wow. That's great news!"
"You've earned it."
"Thanks!"
"You're welcome. Now get back out there and continue doing a great job!"
"Yes, sir!"

         With that Dustin left the office with a smile on his face for the first time in a long time. He went back out to the parking lot to do what he does best.

Read Part 5 - https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2043425-Robbie-Part-5
© Copyright 2012 Marc B 1982 (slydogg at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1877110-Robbie-Part-4