*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1877318-The-Repair-Job
Rated: E · Other · Contest Entry · #1877318
A goofy, non-thinking story about a menace of a repair job.
         
The Repair Job

         “Yellow” Vic said into the phone. “Oh hi Mom…What? No!”, she cried. “Why? He’s a disaster! Don’t you remember the last time you let him fix something”? Vic groaned. “…but… we had to replace the whole wall the last time, all he was supposed to was replace a ceiling bulb!......Oh, alright! I love you too”, she hangs up the phone exasperated. She goes to the fridge and grabs a juice box, pours some into a shot glass, belts it down and waits.

         Winky’s barking alerts Vic to his arrival. She sighs, makes the sign of the cross and looks up to heaven with a pleading look then opens the door. “Hey Ernie” she offers as he walks in. He scarfs down the rest of his meatball hero as he heads to the bathroom, “mpfff hey Vic”. “Mom told me you’re here to fix the towel rack, ONLY the towel rack”, she added in a very even tone. He looked at her, “Don’t worry cuz, I got this, it’s going to be better than new” he said excitedly, red gravy smeared on his face. She was not reassured. She may be 13, but she knew better.

         She started scrap-booking when a loud BANG! followed by a falling-crumble sound thundered. She ran into the bathroom screaming “what happened?!” before she actually saw the electrical wires that were “zipped” out and up the wall to the ceiling light that is now on the floor along with the surrounding plaster. “Oh my God!” she screams. “I left you to work on the towel rack!...2 minutes ago!”. A huge chunk of plaster plunked down on his head, he replied “It’s going to be fine, I’m going to fix it…” he picked out a piece of plaster out of the drink he was holding.



© Copyright 2012 Dobie Mom (dobielove at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1877318-The-Repair-Job