*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1877483-Arianna-Puszynski-Character-Sketch
Rated: E · Assignment · Other · #1877483
Character Sketch, image, prose synopsis






Character Sketch Template



Supporting Character:



Name: Arianna Puszynski

Age: 22

Location: New York City

Family History: She is an only child. Her parents live in a small village of Muszaki in central Poland where he father is Mayor.

Career aspirations: She would someday love to be an actress in stage plays.

Race: W

Features: Rianna has dark, curly hair. Her eyes are dark, but brighten in the sun.

Appearance: She is 5’5” tall, about 135 pounds, strongly built. She is attractive but not in an attention-getting way.

Likes: She loves plays, although she has never seen a professional play. She is orderly, everything has its place. Secretly, she loves to gamble.

Dislikes: Bossy, and authoritative people…like her husband.

Physical condition: She is healthy, but angers easily.

Ailments: Loneliness

Education: Her organized schooling ended at grade 6. But her aunt taught her to read and write before she moved to America.

Socioeconomic background: Her parents are considered lower middle income. Her father is mayor of the small village in Poland, Muszaki, where they live. He mother does not work.

Parents: Gregor and Petra

Siblings: none

Ambition: she would someday like to act in a play.

Hobbies: she loves to read, especially poetry.

Significant Others: She is married to a brutal and abusive man.

Intelligence: she is fairly intelligent with a natural understanding of finance.

Emotional Stability: Until the age of about 17 she was independent and head-strong. The death of her childhood sweetheart plunged her into depression and thereafter was easily manipulated.

Flaws: She is somewhat naïve. She sometimes views life in very simple terms.

Other Traits: she loves to gamble. A boarder in the boarding house she and her husband run places bets for her on occasion when she can obtain small amounts of money; her husband knows nothing about it.

Pivotal events in life: The death of her childhood sweetheart, her pregnancy while unwed. The marriage to her husband and being brought to America. The death of her husband and her affair with Severino.

Favorite foods: She loves hamburgers…hamborgers, as she calls them.

Favorite music: she loves classical music.

Favorite reading material: Romance novels when she can get one, and poetry.

Religion: she is catholic but does not participate

Personality: she has become very shy and submissive since being marrying. She is neat, orderly and organized. She is quiet and romantic. She believed that books and love was all a woman needed to have a happy life. Her view on this changed after being married to Demek, her abusive husband.

Habits: While gambling is not really a habit, she does enjoy placing bets. It not only provides a distraction from her unhappy life, but it is something she does behind her husband’s back. She enjoys the excitement of it. It also provides a glimmer of her younger, independent self.

Favorite thing to do: she loves to read romance novels

Comfort level with opposite sex: She was in love with her childhood sweetheart, but he died before they could marry. Now, she is completely uncomfortable with her relationship with her husband.

Things he/she takes pride in: she takes pride in her home.

Things that bother him/her: the way her husband treats her. Her feelings for Severino worry her.

Things that make him/her laugh: children speaking honestly.

Speech patterns: she speaks very softly, just above a whisper. She has a strong accent and is very unsure of her english.





Prose Synopsis of the Central Character:

Arianna as a teen was independent and a free spirit. She was in love with a young man in village, her childhood sweetheart. He died in a horse riding accident shortly after she became pregnant with his child. Her parents were extremely disappointed in her. Her father disowned her.

Her husband gives her father a dowry for her hand in marriage. Due to her depression over the death of her lover and the anger of her father when he learns she is pregnant, she is afraid to disobey her father and marries. She is moved to America where she helps her husband run a boarding house. Her husband physically and emotionally abuses her. He forces her to give up the child she was pregnant with when he married her.

When she meets Severino she is immediately attracted to him. Her husband notices her feelings and becomes very jealous and his treatment of her becomes worse. He gets into a fight with Severino and is killed. (Falls from the roof of the building where they are fighting, but it is not Severino’s fault).

Arianna has a long term affair with Severino and knows that he will never divorce his wife and marry her. When Severino’s wife dies he is too guilt ridden to marry her and breaks off their relationship. She moves on with her life and becomes an amateur actress in off-Broadway plays.



© Copyright 2012 Bikerider (bikerider at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1877483-Arianna-Puszynski-Character-Sketch