*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1878196-The-Heart-of-a-Wolf-Prologue
Rated: ASR · Chapter · Animal · #1878196
Just my prologue on my werewolf story I am working on.
The Heart of a Wolf
by
Azalea Grey



Prologue
Somewhere in Pennsylvania

Shouts rang out throughout the forest. I could hear gunshots being fired, cries could be heard from all around me. I didn’t understand what was going on, “Alison run”, but I couldn’t move I knew I needed to but it felt like someone put cement in my shoes and I could never move again. I was afraid, I never felt fear like this before. I remember someone lifted me up and carried me to safety I never knew who they were because I was blinded by tears.

I knew for the time being I was safe but I didn’t know for how long. I was separated from my parents. I could still hear shots screams, cries, and sometimes, howls but they seemed further away from me then before. I wanted to see my surrounding but it was to dark to see. I just knew I was in a closing in the forest and I was safe. I didn’t know how long the fighting lasted, I closed my eyes the next thing I knew the branches cracked underneath someone’s feet. I crawled in a log and curled up in a small ball. I heard my name being called over and over again.

“Alison where are you? Alison everything’s all right now you can come out you’re safe now. I slowly rolled out of the log and saw my mother. Fur was all over her body and blood was clinging to her perfectly pure white fur. She was in her half human-half wolf form. I ran to her and hugged her and she hugged me back kissing the top of my head. “Sweetie everything is okay now the hunters are gone for now. I am just glad you are all right. I was so worried about you. I am just glad one of the pack members picked you up and carried you to safety. I don’t know what I would do if something happened to you.

All I could do was look at her and nod. I was only seven at the time but I remember it clearly. The pack howled, signaling everything was fine; that the danger was over and we are safe for now. They drew closer I could see that the pack members were in different forms. Blood was dripping off their bodies as if they took a bath in it. My father the alpha male came up to my mother and I, she was still holding me, when he drew nearer she finally let go of me. She looked at my father and said, “Alistor, the hunters will they be back? How many of us were slain?”

My father looked at my mother his one blue eye and one brown eye looking into her green ones wondering if he should tell her the truth or not. Finally he said “Luckily Sara none of us were killed the hunter’s bullets were not made out of silver, but I am afraid they will be back these forests that once protected us are not longer safe. My father turned towards the rest of the pack. “It is time for us to fight or run and the hunters will be back and there will be more of them. I don’t think we can fight them alone it to dangerous if we do fight them. They know their bullets didn’t kill us and next time they might use sliver against us if they do we will die. We need allies there are some not to far away from here but we do need others if we can get one pack to help us, we may get others to join us as well. I speak for all of us when I say this. I am tired of being hunted down, I am tired that our families have to move place to place trying to figure out how to survive. I am tired not being able to use my wolf form whenever I want. We have the power to change at will but we cant because of them. I am tired that my child has to grow up in a world where werewolves aren’t allowed. It is time we take back our lands that our ancestors were free to roam.”

The pack howled full of anguish and sorrow. Our home that I lived in, the home that the pack grew up in, had their children at destroyed because we are wolves and people are afraid of us.
© Copyright 2012 Arista Nightingale (poisonrose6267 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1878196-The-Heart-of-a-Wolf-Prologue