*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1878237-The-Dark-Horror
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Dark · #1878237
A girls mistake costs her, but her story is told to save others from being trapped.
It was dark, cold and I had no where else to turn. What else could I do? I couldn’t go back home, not after what had happened, it was beginning to rain so I had to go in there. Maybe it was the wrong decision but it’s too late now, far too late. No one will ever know the truth of what really happened unless they read this, so I’m pleading to anyone, anywhere, who ever you are, to read this and tell my story. At least then no one will make the same mistake I did.


                                        3 months earlier…

On Wednesday 23rd, my mum called me down at 6:30 am, as she usually does on a weekday. I hauled myself out of my warm comfy bed, slipped in to my fluffy slippers and trudged down the stairs to eat my cornflakes. Unlike many children of my age, I don’t go to a school. The reason being is its more convenient for my family if I am home schooled. It isn’t bad, but it does mean I don’t see any friends or anyone else for that matter, apart from my mum and sister, so occasionally it can get boring. Generally, I help my mum with her work for an hour and then my tutor comes in, to teach me Maths, Science, English etc. Working with my mum is reasonably fun actually. She works for the recording company RRC, where she edits the music and helps the company’s clients with the production of albums and records. So she teaches me about the technology and production of the music. I help her edit songs and sort them in to genres so it is a pretty awesome job. She is paid a lot compared to other people around our town so we are quite ‘well off’ as they say.
                                              Our house has 15 rooms; there are five bedrooms, two bath rooms, two toilets, a living room, a kitchen, dining room, a music room, office and conservatory. Mum loves decoration and high class, so our whole house is wall papered, it is carpeted everywhere apart from the kitchen, where it is tiled. Our dining room has a glass chandelier above an oak, wood table which seats 10 people. Mum did this so that she can have work meetings and family over without people needing to go without a proper space. The music room however, is my favourite. It’s my favourite because the wallpaper is covered with vibrant pictures of music artists from Bob Marley to Madonna. It is all so inspirational so whenever I go in there I look up at their pictures and it helps inspire me to think of song lyrics. I enjoy going in there and being productive but mum generally kick me out after about half an hour because of her work. She always tells me, “I don’t want you messing things up, June. I know you enjoy being in here but one slip of a finger and the entire music album database is deleted.” So naturally I obey her instruction and leave the room.
                                            That day, I ate my breakfast alone. My sister, Charlene, is at her friend’s house, ‘studying’ for her college task, although I don’t believe she is actually studying for one moment. My Mother however, was already in the music room, reading through emails from her boss directing her on what records he wanted edited. So I ate alone in my spotted, cotton pyjamas. Once I had eaten, I sprung up the stairs and into my room. Changing into my jeans, and shirt I noticed the time on my phone. 6:45, only fifteen minutes until I was due to help my mum in the music room but I still had much to do. I quickly brushed my teeth and combed my long dark hair before running down the stairs. Leaping into the music room, I met mum.
                                        She was perched on her black office chair as usual, with her paper work spread over the work tops. Being careful not to move any of her work, I sat myself down on the small bean bag in the corner of the room. After around five minutes, mum realized I was sitting there. She tends to be oblivious to her surroundings when she is working.
                     
© Copyright 2012 Little Morse (creativemind99 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1878237-The-Dark-Horror