*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1878802-Life-Is-Like-Baseball
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Mel<3
Rated: E · Poetry · Sports · #1878802
Poetry comparing the game of baseball to reality.
Lately, my life has been like a baseball game.

God's been throwing me curve balls.

It's been the bottom of the ninth, full count, two outs, bases loaded...I swing...I miss.

I've hit a losing streak, a streak birthed from what was once a powerful, intimidating winning streak.

But now what?

Do I just keep playing or do I just give up?

What's left in it for me? Is this ever going to turn around?

I'm sick of playing for the losing end. I want to improve, I want to be better.

My hope's just shattered.

What now?



I know better than to question God because i know if things were meant to happen, they'd happen.

Why not though? Why won't things happen like they once always did before?

What happened to my power? My fuel? My fire?

Once I was a firework, shooting across the dark night sky, showering light to those below.

Now I'm just an empty hotdog wrapper, thrown under the seat, completely useless now that the good stuff is gone.

I'd like to be that firework again. I know things change from time to time, but I want my role back. I have way too much potential to be thrown away like this.



Sometimes I wonder, why is this happening to me?

Is it a punishment for all the lies I've told?

The shit I've talked?

The senseless things I've done?

When will the storm clear?

Take the tarp off and let me play.

I just want one more chance.

I will prove you wrong if you'd stop stuffing your face with junk and watch me.

It's obvious to everyone but you I'm talented.

Give me a chance to shine.



As badly as I want to just throw in the towel and let this go, this is my passion in which I feel I must hold.

I have God-given talent in which I cannot waste.

I reminisce of the days when I was the star, when the spotlight was mine.

I can't let go of that. I can't let go of that hope that that'll come back.

My brain tells me it never will, but my heart is clinging to that slither of hope.

I was once so blessed. What happened?

Maybe I just think too much, or care too much.

Maybe I need a lesson in which I can't always be the one.

I just hate this shitty feeling I get, when you walk past me as if I don't exist.

It's like I'm wearing a cloak of invisibility & while I'm shouting, "pick me! Pick me!", you're off looking far behind me.

I remember when this was more of a hobby, not an obligation.



I feel so stuck. I feel so hot glued to this.

Never did I feel this way before.

It's like a couple rainy days flooded my whole future, my whole outlook, my whole attitude.

Maybe the sun will come out again eventually. When will it? The forecast still looks rainy.

I'm not waterproof. The rain kills me. Each raindrop that hits me, crushes me a bit more.

Please bring the sun back, please give me back my bat, one more pitch, please let me have just one more chance. I have the capability to hit this out of the park. You just have to give me the opportunity.

Grab me before another team snags me. I'm under no contract, though it feels that way.

Someone else will snag me up, see my true colors shine through and appreciate my talents and abilities.

Others have noticed and have their eye on me. Use it or lose it.



You won't have me forever, my time with you is limited. Enjoy it while it lasts, because it won't be long before I'm gone.

I will prove to you my ability.

I will never give up until I win this game.
© Copyright 2012 Mel<3 (imjustmel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1878802-Life-Is-Like-Baseball