*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1878803-Never-Giving-Up
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Mel<3
Rated: E · Poetry · Sports · #1878803
Another poem about baseball that the Texas Rangers inspired me to write.
The Rangers inspire me.

Even in the bottom of the ninth, they never give up.

They're behind by three, & then boom, they step up their game & tie it up.

A few extra innings later & we come out with a win.



I'd like to be more like that.

I want to go into those extra innings and win that game.

There's one particular thing I've been struggling a lot with this summer.

I love it a lot, but it seems like every swing of the bat is a miss.

I don't know how I lost my power.

It wasn't long ago that I was hitting balls out of the park, now I'm constantly striking out.



At times, I want to just sit on the bench.

I watch all my teammates be successful, getting singles, doubles, triples and homeruns.

When it's my turn to hit, I just keep missing.

Every now and then whenever my bat makes contact with the ball, it's a pop fly or a ground out.

I know I just need to keep my head up, keep my eye on the ball & keep swinging.

I'm never going to get a hit if I don't keep swinging.



Giving up has been tempting me all summer even though I know it's not the answer.

When things are looking down, I just want to forfeit.

Somedays, I want to throw my bat in the stands and go sulk in my sweat on the bench.

I want to quit, but I can't lose.

Seeing the disappointment on the faces of my fans would just be so much worse.

They come to see me and they support me even in my slumps.

I'm going to keep playing.

I'm going to keep fighting despite the fact that I'm on the losing end right now.

Maybe I'm just having a rough inning.

I'm going to keep fighting, even in the bottom of the ninth, because I am not going to lose this game.

I'll never win if I give up.



I will be just like my Rangers and I will never give up.

I will play into the late hours of the night just to get this win.

I'm going to hit this one out of the park.

Just watch me.
© Copyright 2012 Mel<3 (imjustmel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1878803-Never-Giving-Up