*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1879046-Tell-me-a-story
by PaulO
Rated: E · Other · Fantasy · #1879046
Tell me a story.
Tell me a story.

Make it an epic tale of kings and queens and knightly things. I want to hear of a dragon and a princess and an evil wizard. I want to hear that in the end the knight slays the dragon and rescues the princess and that the queen learns of the evil wizard's plot to kill the king and stops him with the dagger she keeps hidden under her queenly robes.

I want to hear that somewhere, somehow, some things actually work out and that some people do live happily ever after.

Will you tell me that tale?



Tell me a story.

Make it a frightening tale of vampires and werewolves and undead things. I want to hear of a vampire who longs to feel the beat of a heart in his chest again and of the maiden who looks so much like his long dead wife that it makes his silent heart ache unbearably in his lifeless chest. I want to know how he saved her from the werewolves and undead things and how she convinces him that to die is the only way he can be with his beloved and of how the maiden kills him even though she loves him.

I want to hear that somewhere, somehow, some things actually work out and that some people do die happily ever after.

Will you tell me that tale?



Tell me a story.

Make it a tale of ropes and reigns and horse's manes. I want to hear of the cattle drive and of the men that lived and died to bring those snorting, stamping cattle to market. I want to know why they risked the weather and the trail and how some of them never made it back. I want to know why men would choose to bow their legs by spending years on those ponies and why they would waste themselves on the ride.

I want to hear that somewhere, somehow, some things actually work out and that some people do waste themselves to live and somehow that is their happily ever after.

Will you tell me that tale?
© Copyright 2012 PaulO (heavy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1879046-Tell-me-a-story