*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1879190-I-CAN-Recycle
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Poetry · Environment · #1879190
This is a poem I wrote for the Director of the Beyond I CAN gift shop.
This is a poem I wrote for the Director of the Beyond I CAN gift shop. She needed a verse for a Christmas card that will be crafted from recycled products by the members of the Beyond I CAN program. This card is for the last three members that have joined. All members of this program are high school age and beyond and have special needs. My daughter is a member of this program, it is one of the most valuable programs that I have come across during my almost eighteen years of having a child with special needs. My child has gained such self-esteem since beginning her job at this little gift shop. The workers get together through the week and craft beautiful gifts to sell in their little shop. They learn to run their own business, from designing products for sale, to marketing them. It builds their self-confidence and they become productive citizens in their own special way. Their products are made from donations from the people of our community who care about the environment.

I CAN Recycle

Since becoming members of Beyond I CAN,
Ms. Nancy has taught us all first-hand.

The art of recycling at our tiny shop
We enjoy designing cards and gifts nonstop.

This job enriches our lives and gives us self-worth.
While we work we are helping to save Mother Earth.

Our handcrafted, recycled cards spread cheer
While helping keep our Earth green all year.

Best of all recycling creates jobs for us
We love our work; therefore it is all such a plus.

This card, with the lovely recycled tree
Was crafted with love by one of us three

Made to bring Holiday Cheer, it is such a great worth
Give it; be happy, you are helping to save our Earth.

Merry Christmas from, Andrea, Caytlin and Eric
© Copyright 2012 Bernijean (bernijean at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1879190-I-CAN-Recycle