*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1879494-WoD-Vampires-Guide-Prt-C
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Nyrufa
Rated: E · Other · Gothic · #1879494
Extra details I forgot to include in parts A or B
This extra chapter in the vampire details includes things I thought I had described in earlier chapters, but I had apparently left out by accident. Things such as how vampires are created, the difference between a Ghoul and a Thrall, the properties of the blood, and so on. So here we go.



--------------------------------------------



Properties of the Blood: A vampire's blood is not the same as a human's. In fact, it is not even the same substance. Their blood is known as Vitae, a crimson liquid which holds supernatural energy within it that is used to invoke their powers. Any blood a vampire consumes is immediately transformed into Vitae, once it enters their system. A vampire's blood can remain vitae outside of a host (body) for only a few minutes at the most, before it transforms into regular blood. For this reason, anyone who wishes to gain the powers from feeding on a vampire's vitae must do it straight from the source, feeding on the vampire itself. This also means that its impossible to perform any kind of scientific tests or experimentation on a vampire's DNA, since it will not remain vampiric long enough for any conclusive results.





When a vampire feeds, the blood doesn't simply go into their stomach, it spreads throughout their whole body, this is how a vampire is able to consume several pints worth of blood and not have their stomach explode. A starving vampire will begin to wither as though struck with dehydration, while an overfed vampire may become somewhat bloated with excess vitae. As a vampire, most of the fluids within their body, veins or not, have transformed into vitae. A vampire cries, sweats, pisses, and even ejaculates blood. Although the act of crying, sweating, or urination is likely caused by an act of willpower, or supernatural influences.



Because a vampire's heart does not beat, their blood does not flow, and thus if a vampire is cut with a blade or other sharp instrument, the only blood that seeps out is from the initial penetration, but unless a vampire uses an act of will to force their heart to start pumping, a vampire can not bleed out, instead their blood being contained within them.





A vampire's blood is also the most addictive substance known to man, if, indeed, they actually knew about it. Everyone both mortal and supernatural alike is subject to addiction if they have even so much as a single drop of it pass their lips. For this reason, feeding upon a vampire is extremely dangerous as it runs the risk of binding you into permanent addiction, desperate for your next fix and willing to do quite literally anything to get it. Speaking of which, we are moving onto Thralls.



----------------------------------------------



Thralls: Thralls are those who have fallen prey to a Blood Bond, also known as a Viniculum. Blood Bonds are formed when a subject feeds on the vitae of the same vampire on 3 separate nights. The blood bond creates the illusion of true love in addition to binding them to the will of their master, and as such, Thralls are undying loyal to their masters. Even if the Thrall is fully aware of the blood bond's effects, and knows that their love for their master is false, that does not stop them from experiencing it, bringing them into that contradictory relationship that the Thrall hates to love the one they are bound to. Most Thralls are humans, only very cunning vampires manage to subject their fellow undead to the process, and only extremely powerful vampires manage to subject other supernatural creatures, like werewolves, mages, and who knows what else.



Unlike Ghouls, a Thrall does not require the use of willpower to maintain the connection, simply feeding on Vitae is enough to create the bond. Also, unlike Ghouls, a blood bond only needs a fresh supply of vitae once a year, instead of once a month. As long as a Thrall feeds on their master at least once every 365 days, they will remain enslaved.



There are only two ways in which to break a blood bond. The first is to simply skip the annual feeding. The second is to slay the master, at which point, the connection is severed instantly and the Thrall will return to free will. Of course, if they feel true love for their master, it is highly unlikely that they will simply sit back waiting for a shining knight to come to their rescue, they'll most likely fight to the death to protect their master. So if you wish to "save" a Thrall from slavery, its wisest to do so when the Thrall is not around to protect them.



Also, unlike being a Ghoul, Thralls have no supernatural abilities, at least nothing that stems from vampires, any previous existing abilities they might have had are another matter. This means that most Thralls are inferior to Ghouls, who at least have some method of abilities to defend themselves. Of course, since Ghouls are bound to a master, most Ghouls are also Thralls at the same time, so it could stand to argue that Ghouls are similar to "elite Thralls", although the idea may seem ridiculous from a vampire's point of view. Regardless, Ghoul or Thrall, they are both pawns to be played and abandoned once their usefulness is run out.





--------------------------------------------------------------



The Kiss: The fancy name vampires give to the act of biting and feeding upon a victim. For most vampires, sexual intercourse becomes outdated and not to mention useless, as they can no longer produce offspring the normal way. Whatever creature embodies the power of Lust out there apparently decided Vampires weren't going to be cleansed from a life of sexual desire so easily. The act of feeding for a vampire and their victim, produces a level of euphoria that surpasses anything sex could ever hope to match. In fact, victims are so overcome with pleasure, that they suffer short term memory loss, passing out in a haze as they forget several minutes or even hours worth of knowledge and awaken later merely believing they had a really good time at some party.



The kiss fills vampires with a sense of fulfillment, a sense of purpose. The first victim is always the most intense, the most extreme for it finally awakens them to the truth about what they have become, and what they can potentially do if they let themselves fall, they are reborn at last, a predator among sheep. Overcome with a corrupted sense of Nirvana, it is extremely difficult for rookie vampires to stop themselves from feeding without the presence of a mentor to pry them off. Experienced vampires only take what is needed to survive, but inexperienced fledglings are prone to sucking a victim dry, the sensations being too difficult to handle.





Of course, simply because its outdated does not mean the vampire completely forsakes it. Indeed, many vampires, Daeva especially, find that mixing sexual intercourse with The Kiss can not only heighten the pleasure, but also make it much more convincing on the victim's part. A strong willed victim may begin to receive bits and pieces of fragmented memory from The Kiss, but if they were currently having sex at the time, these memories may become distorted.





"It was just a kinky nibble, I blacked out from my 10th orgasm, that's what it was!"





For example... Of course The Kiss also has a way to create its own series of slaves, which causes us to move onto the Blood Dolls.







----------------------------------------------------------------





Blood Dolls: Some victims have a tendency to become addicted to The Kiss and much like drug addicts, they can't seem to stay away and will come crawling back (sometimes literally) for the chance to feel it again. A great deal of Blood Dolls are aware of vampire existence, but they do not care, just as long as they feel that mind numbing pleasure again is good enough for them. Others however, may not be fully aware of what is happening to them, and may truly believe their predatory lover is just a really, really good fuck.



Blood Dolls are often used as willing cattle for vampires who take their blood when the act of hunting is too difficult. Of course, as they are addicts, and not true slaves, they have some degree of free will, and if their health reaches dangerous levels, they may refuse to allow another to feed upon them until they recover. Of course, their blood hungry predators may not feel like allowing them to go so easily, and drain them past the point of healthy levels, or even killing them. As a result, Blood Dolls walk a very dangerous road, a sacrificial lamb to stem off the hunt for the rest of the sheep.



Some Blood Dolls are true sluts, offering themselves to any vampire willing to feed on them. Others are privately owned cattle who only a specific vampire, or those granted permission may feed upon them. This private cattle often disguise themselves as servants around the vampire's lair, such as maids, butlers, grounds keepers, and so on. Obviously a private herd is often found in possession of a wealthy and powerful vampire. Others may work at special vampire owned clubs, working as literal whores who offer themselves up to the clients in exchange for cash that is paid to the club's owner to further their own gain.



Blood Dolls are a very, very useful tool for vampires, but they are certainly not expendable. After all, its not like the vampire doesn't have the necessary means to hunt and capture a victim by force, and its not like they can't get another victim addicted. However, the fact that they are not actually enslaved, and the fact that many of them have become aware of the Masquerade, there are some vampires who consider them a liability and a threat, and any Blood Doll who overestimates their worth to their masters may find themselves corrected, permanently if the case need be.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------



Blood Hunts: Although described in my dictionary section, a Blood Hunt is a death sentence issued in response to a high crime against vampire society, most often breaking one of the three traditions. During a Blood Hunt, every vampire within the territory, regardless of faction or clan is required by law to hunt down and exterminate or capture the target so they can be brought back for questioning and finally sentencing. Any vampire who does not take part in the Blood Hunt, or is found aiding the target may find themselves a subject to a Blood Hunt themselves for defying this high law of their society.



Only very, very high ranking or powerful vampires have the authority to issue a Blood Hunt. In most cases, this is usually the Prince of the territory, although there are cases where Barons have had the necessary influence to order one, though possibly angering the Prince in the process, especially if the target is one of their pawns for a future ploy and they've been covering up their crimes until now.





Thankfully, most Blood Hunts are restricted only to that particular territory, a Prince's influence does not extend into another Prince's territory, lest a war ignite between the two. If a vampire is fast and clever enough, it is possible they can escape the Prince's domain and seek refuge in another territory, likely where nobody is aware of their past. This brings up another subject on vampires and long distance traveling.



---------------------------------------------------------------------



Traveling: Vampires are not wanderers by nature, they are lurkers, and as a result, it takes considerable provocation to get them to move across great distances, and even greater provocation to move across nations. As a result of this, vampires have very little, if any knowledge about what goes on in other vampire domains, while any details about what happens between other nations is purely rumors and fantasies.





Indeed, western vampires have virtually no knowledge about the eastern vampires, their customs, or their abilities. When the two national undead do meet, it is often with confusion and suspicion. The Burakumin are a Japanese bloodline of the Nosferatu, who because of the constant oppression by their feudal era vampire lords, have chosen to migrate to America, where the caste system has been abolished. As a result, these eastern vampires have begun to shed some light on the subject to western vampires.



Eastern vampires seem to have advanced in their ways far slower than western vampires. The vampire elders of Japan are still trapped in the feudal lord philosophy of honor, tradition, and caste system, where as the western elders are more engrossed in politics, wealth, and tradition. The modern day Japanese may have abolished the caste system and moved onto a more liberal ideal of society, but the Japanese vampires still hold the belief in complete obedience to their lords, and that simply because of someone's heritage or profession, they are lesser in worth to a well bred, and prestigious individual.



Traveling for vampires is often exceedingly difficult as well. Long distance trips often take several hours, and a vampire must avoid the sun, while being able to feed regularly. Trips by plane or train are a death trap, for they often take many hours to prepare and travel, at which point, the sun will likely have risen. Trips by sea are even worse, taking several days to arrive, and without the proper methods, most vampires wil quickly be discovered. This is likely the source behind the idea of vampires transporting a coffin with them as they travel by ship, using their Thralls and Ghouls to watch over them until they arrive at their destination.



No, it is far more common that vampires who intent to travel do so within their own nation, and even then, only from one city to the next, it is too complicated and too dangerous to risk anything further than that.



----------------------------------------------------------



Vampires vs Werewolves: Don't get started fan boys, the vampires themselves all agree that in a straight up, fair fight, a single werewolf can massacre an entire group of vampires if they are provoked into action. In fact, one novice Werewolf is enough for 5 novice vampires on average. Because of this, most vampires choose to stay the fuck away from werewolf territories unless they have no other choice in the matter. By some miracle, the Gangrel clan have somehow managed to avoid open hostilities when passing through a Werewolf hunting grounds. Whether this is because their savagery is enough to contend with a Lupine, or if their beastly features produce a sort of kinship with the Werewolves is unknown to those outside the clan's ranks. Regardless, the Gangrel can travel through territories any other clan would be torn apart by.



Werewolves are not pure brute strength. Indeed, much like Vampires in the world of darkness, Werewolves are severely misunderstood. They are the wardens of the spirit world, ensuring mortals and spirits don't tear each other apart directly or indirectly. As a result, they possess many forms of spiritualistic magic, such as controlling the elements, or seeing things mortal eyes can not perceive. If a vampire intends to fight a werewolf simply because they have mystical powers, they are in for a royal ass kicking, because the Werewolf has magic and the aspects of nature itself at their control, as if their brute strength wasn't already enough to get the job done.



In addition to all of this, Werewolves are pack monsters. Vampires are, by nature, solitary and almost never trust anyone long term. Werewolves are different, they are driven by instinct to stick together like a family. If a single werewolf is enough to slaughter 5 paranoid vampires, imagine what a unified pack could do if someone decides to push the boundaries and invade their territory.



Once again, most vampires choose to stay the fuck away from a Lupine if they can help it. However, despite the fact vampires are solitary, there are exceptions for younger and less experienced vampires, which brings us to our next subject.



----------------------------------------------



Coteries: Coteries are a wise choice for most younger and less powerful vampires, but as they grow in age and capabilities, they realize how to claim enough power and influence to survive on their own and break off from the pack. Coteries are a group of vampires who work together as allies, and in some cases, even friends. They can be of a mixture of clans and bloodlines, but it takes some serious convincing to get multiple Covenants to form a Coterie, especially if they feel like preaching their ideals to their rivals. A Coterie formed between a Circle of the Crone and a Lancea Sancrum vampire is likely to end in a brawl at some point, just as the Invictus and the Carthians  would get into heated argument about elder experience, vs new age enlightenment.





A Coterie gives the vampires a fighting chance in the game of politics and survival. With other vampires assisting them, some of their group may have access to contacts or Disciplines that other members do not, thereby broadening their influence and defensive capabilities, should trouble arise.



Sometimes, an elder vampire may keep in touch with their former Coterie, but as they realize their solitary nature, and their power continues to grow, they rarely need to resort to their "old friends" for solving a problem. As a result, Coteries are considered to be "basic training" for vampires, as well as a means to research the capabilities of future rivals in the Danse Macabre.





-----------------------------------------------------



Bodily Functions: A vampire's body does not function the same way as a human. They are animated through mystical energy, not bodily organs. In fact, all of a vampire's internal organs atrophied upon their transformation, and should you ever get the chance to dissect a vampire, you would find they are shriveled and mummified. The vampire's body is capable of healing all wounds in a very short time, including the regeneration of severed limbs and vital organs. As long as the vampire survives the damage, they can repair it. Normally, this can take anywhere from several minutes, to several hours, but during the act of consuming blood, a Vampire's regenerative powers are kicked into overdrive, healing their injuries in a matter of seconds, although the more severe the damage, the more blood is needed to heal them.



During sleep, a vampire's body always returns to the state it was in when it first became a vampire. As a result, most vampires completely regenerate themselves during the 12 hours of daylight, although Aggravated Damage caused by supernatural forces may take longer to heal. This also means that vampires can only recover from injuries they received after becoming a vampire, not during their mortal years. Pre-existing scars and amputations still exist, and while there are reports that a vampire can regenerate these injuries with an act of willpower, they will lose them again while they sleep, and thus need to regenerate with another act of willpower the following night.



The vampire is unable to consume anything besides blood for the rest of their existence. Attempting to eat food causes them to vomit the instant it reaches their stomach. Likewise, attempting to sedate them with drugs causes their body to violently reject the chemicals, purging their body with bloody vomiting. Despite being unable to directly partake of drugs, a vampire is still able to get high or intoxicated by feeding on the blood of people who have these substances in their system, contaminating the blood in the process. A vampire who feeds on drunken, or drugged victims will experience bouts of drunkenness, or drugged side effects themselves.



Because a vampire's internal organs do not function, their heart does not beat, and as a result, they have no blood flow, their blood remains stagnant inside their body and injuries only spill blood upon the initial penetration, but otherwise does not bleed forth. A vampire can use an act of willpower to animate their organs and disguise themselves as mortals, returning color their their pale skin, and simulating a pulse, but this is only temporary, and can only be maintained for a few minutes at a time.



Because their body is clinically dead, a vampire is immune to the symptoms of disease, at least for the most part. Vampires personally are not effected by viruses and diseases which need to spread through the bloodstream, or effect their already dessicated organs. However, they can become carriers of these diseases, and risk passing them onto those they feed upon. For this reason, most vampires wisely avoid feeding on the sick and the feeble, lest they accidentally begin spreading a plague and pose a risk to the Masquerade.



Vampires also do not need to breathe, except for when using the air to speak, and as a result, they can not drown, and various forms of gas and fumes have no effect against them, unless they are skin contact pathogens, which specifically attack the body upon exposure, rather than needing to breathe in. This also means that most vampires do not rely on a sense of smell, unless they are specifically hunting for a target. This could explain why so many Nosferatu seem unbothered by living in the sewers, they can safely ignore the stench.



When a vampire is slain, their body begins to decay very rapidly. Within a matter of hours it  will completely disintegrate into ashes, leaving behind no physical evidence of their existence. Thus, anyone who wishes to expose the existence of the undead requires a "living" specimen if they don't want their evidence to be destroyed. This method of death is therefor a safety precaution, should everything else fail to protect the masquerade. In addition, severed appendages that fall off the body will be reduced to ashes, but this is no trouble. After all, its not like they need to be reattached when they can simply grow a new one.





The vampire body is mystically wired with a biological clock that alerts them to the day and night cycle. The instant the sun rises upon the land, most vampires fall unconscious right where they stand, if they were standing, of course. Likewise, the moment the sun sets, they snap back to consciousness. The time they spend asleep seems to pass by instantaneously to them, but the fact that they just stop and drop for the next 12 or so hours leaves them extremely vulnerable. Most vampires choose to take shelter in a place that is completely sun proof several minutes before the sun rises. One or two hours before dawn is often the designated time to call it a night and start heading home. By spending an act of willpower, a vampire is able to remain conscious during the day, but only for a few moments before they pass out again. Still, there are certain Disciplines that can extend this time period, such as the Coils of the Dragon, which can enable vampires to stay conscious all day long.



------------------------------------------------------





The Predator's Taint: The first time, and only the first time two vampires meet each other, they are subjected to what is known as the Predator's Taint, the ability to recognize their own kind on sight. As solitary predators, the vampires immediately begin to try and defend their territory. The stronger vampire must try to stave off the effects of a rage frenzy to avoid attacking the intruder, while the weaker vampire must stave off the effects of a fear frenzy to avoid  fleeing in terror. In a game in which vampires frequently interact with each other, the Predator's Taint becomes extremely tedious and not to mention dangerous, so it has often been ignored by players. It is usually employed in games where the number of vampires is very low, and thus the chance of meeting one and setting off the Predator's Taint is restricted.



Speaking of low population, that brings us to our next topic on the subject of embracing.



------------------------------------------------------------------



Embrace: The act of turning a mortal into a vampire is not as simple as a bite, although given the nature of The Kiss, many new vampires could mistake it for such. The process to becoming a vampire requires that a mortal be fed Vitae either just before they die, or within one hour of their death. The vitae will transmute their body into a vampire and rise again the following night. The safest and easiest way to kill a mortal is through The Kiss, draining them to the brink of death and then feeding them a drop of Vitae just before they pass on. Of course, vampires who wish to make their new childe suffer can employ more painful methods of killing them before the transformation.



As one of the three traditions, vampires rarely embrace, and with the exception of the Nosferatu, and possibly the Mekhet, they are very selective about who they choose to become one of the damned. Such choices almost always have an ulterior motive, either because their sire intends to use them as a pawn for their own goals, they have strong feelings of desire or even hatred for the subject and wish to reward or damn the mortal, or they believe they may have beneficial talents which can prove to be a genuine asset to their sire's covenant or even the clan itself and that their new childe can help them gain prestige and status. Yes, it appears vampires are at least somewhat loyal to their clan as a whole, although individual members may still fight among each other.



That being said, the actual creation of vampires is a rare and calculated thing, and there are not hundreds of vampires lurking in the city's shadows forming a cult society. Indeed, in a large, populated area, this would become incredibly dangerous if the law enforcement or civilians begin to notice a rather unusual number of people skulking the night.



In most territories, there are only a few dozen or so vampires in total, and the rest of the undead society is comprised of Ghouls and other servants who perform their dirty work for them. A vampire is likely to meet with a more powerful vampire directly only if their network of underlings is otherwise too preoccupied to carry out a conference, either from too much work piling up, or if they've been exterminated by some other rival.



-------------------------------------------------------------------



Trading Favors: In the society of the damned, nothing is ever truly free of charge. Everything a vampire has obtained since becoming a vampire has almost always required they perform a service for someone else to obtain. Whether that be status, information, property, slaves, and so on. Vampires are constantly making demands before they will satisfy the needs of their fellow night walkers. More often than not, these favors help the beseeched vampire fulfill their own goals while pinning the rep on some other vampire who they can use as a scapegoat, should things go wrong. Playing nicely into the whole backstabbing nature of the undead.  If the begging vampire accomplishes the task, the demanding vampire has their goals advanced one step further. If they fail, at least the demanding vampire can claim they had no affiliation and get off the hook while they write up a new plan for achieving that goal in the future.



Even the very rare times when a vampire freely offers a service, it always comes with an I.O.U, the receiving vampire is indebted to the providing vampire for a service to be called in at a later date, often because the providing vampire does not currently have their plan set up and needs more time to prepare before they call in their favor.



Older and more powerful vampires are loathe to indenture themselves to younger and weaker members of their kind, and as a result, elders are often very quick to pay back their debts to a lesser ranking vampire, even if they have to orchestrate an unfortunate incident in which the elder's assistance is required. A younger vampire who suddenly finds a  superior indebted to them should wisely call in the favor quickly, before the Elder gives them a reason to do so. After all, it is far too early for an elder to allow some young whelp to begin formulating large, complicated plans. Such incidents often lead to disaster if left unchecked.



At least until they begin to develop power, status, and servants of their own, most younger vampires become the bitches of their senior vampires, constantly having to do everything on their own. Once they start building up some level of authority, they can begin making demands of other newbies who come to them seeking aid, hoping they might understand their plight.





------------------------------------------



Golconda: The mythological cure for vampirism, or at least the point where a vampire gains total control over the Man and Beast aspects of their soul. Golconda is so rare that few vampires have even heard of it. All reports of those who have achieved it are nearly always second hand rumors. A friend, of a friend overheard that someone achieved it, for example. For this reason, many who have heard of it believe it simply doesn't exist, just a make believe fairy tale to give younger vampires false hope. Still, the legends of Golconda continue to exist, and even some elders, dreary of their endless struggle as one of the damned, have sought out this cure.



Golconda is a form of spiritual awakening, it can only be achieved through extremely strict physical and mental conditioning. A vampire wishing to obtain Golconda must have a remarkably high level of humanity of 9 or 10, and they must shun their vampiric nature as much as possible. They feed only when it is absolutely necessary, they refuse to invoke the powers of their blood, and other acts of saintly piety. When a vampire is ready to attempt Golconda, they enter the meditative trance. Nobody is quite sure what occurs during this period, some claim they speak with god, himself and must convince him that they deserve a second shot at life. Others, that they have to duel the beast within their own souls as their former human identity. Regardless of how or what they do while in this trance, it is always a rigorous and grueling test of some kind.



Golconda may only be attempted once in a vampire's entire existence. If they fail to achieve the enlightenment while in their trance, they will remain a vampire for all time. Likewise, if a vampire successfully cures themselves and is later embraced as a vampire a second time, they may never be cured again. For this reason, the wise vampire often chooses to attempt Golconda completely free of any kind of distraction. They lock themselves away in a private room where neither enemies, nor servants may disturb them until their trial is completed. Leaving themselves exposed invites the risk of attack, or of their servants trying to pass on information or beg for assistance, disrupting the ritual and thereby forcing them to fail.



What exactly happens during Golconda is left up to the game master's decision. For some, Golconda is a total cure, allowing the vampire to become human again. For others, it is a form of transcendence, in which the vampire becomes something evolved, having access to their vampiric abilities, with none of its drawbacks, such as being able to walk in daylight, or feed on human foods. In the events of vampire evolution, they still remain technically vampire, and in order to maintain their awakened state, they must keep a high level of humanity. If their humanity drops too low, they revert back to common vampires and are forever barred from the perks that came with their enlightenment.





---------------------------------------------------------------



Romance: Love among vampire society always ends in disaster, if not between the lovers themselves, than from outside sources who exploit their affections for each other. The World of Darkness vampires are not the same as Twilight, or Vampire Diaries, or even the Lost Boys. They are not brooding or deep, in search of a lover to share eternity with, they are monsters who if they had the means to do so, would just as soon kick all other vampires off the premises and claim the entire city for themselves. But they can't do that, because a lone vampire needs resources in which to protect themselves, and no single vampire has every contact, every resource, and every high ranking official under their thumb. You need allies.



Romance between vampires is nearly always short term, especially among those extremely rare Nosferatu who are delusional enough to think they can find true love. Even if by some divine miracle they find a mortal willing to look past their monstrous visage or personality, the love quickly shatters the moment the vampire foolishly embraces their lover, and she realizes the true magnitude of what has been done to her.



Indeed, many mortals who fall in love with the damned foolishly believe its simply a life of drinking blood and avoiding the sun that they have to worry about. Only once they are embraced, feel The Beast clawing at their minds, constantly looking over their shoulder for a knife by some rival kindred,  a mere 12 hours of play time before they are burned to death out in the streets, having to completely cut themselves off from their former friends and family, being able to subsist only on the fluids of other creatures, and forced to bend knee in servitude to powerful and tyrannical elders do they truly see what they have become, a damned, blood sucking monster. They quickly turn their remorse, hatred, and fear upon the one who has done this to them, their so called "beloved" sire. In some cases, they may simply hold seething resentment to them, as they are forced to rely on their mentorship to survive, others, they may choose to immediately flee and likely end up facing their final death in a fit of rage and confusion. Extremely angry lovers may even attempt to kill their sire, resulting in one or possibly even both of the couple destroyed before the night is out.

© Copyright 2012 Nyrufa (nyrufa at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1879494-WoD-Vampires-Guide-Prt-C