*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1880220-Charlotte-Michauds-Earthman
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Ex!
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #1880220
This is part 4 of an on going story line.
Part 4

No longer the shepherd Ozias, the creature snorts the night air as a declaration of its birth, then it focuses its’ attention on Alezander and Lexine.  Alezander gently pushes Lexine behind him as he carefully watches the creature’s eyes.  “Do not hurt him,” she says to Alezander.  Surprised at the statement, Alezander replies, “Your father no longer exists. In his stead is this creature of darkness.”  The creature moves forward, carefully stalking them.  As Alezander attempts to move Lexine to a safe place, the creature focuses its’ attention on her.  Though no longer human, it still possesses a vague thought of Lexine.  The intent of that thought dominates its actions and there is no telling what those actions may be, a risk Alezander will not take so he attacks!
He throws himself at the creature and the creature responds by swatting him aside like a fly.  The creature lunges at Alezander and grabs him in a bear hug.  The creature squeezes Alezander as tightly as it can, cracking two of Alezander’s ribs.  Its razor-like claws rake Alezander’s skin as he struggles to break free of the creature’s clutch.  The creature bares its’ fangs to Alezander as it intends to tear out his throat.  Alezander summons dirt and rocks to cover his vulnerable skin as the beast attempts to clamp down on his jugular.  The fangs sink into sand and soil first, with small rocks stopping a fatal strike.  Alezander seizes this moment to kick the creature’s abdomen and use his legs to push off from the creature’s chest, breaking himself free.  Clumsily he falls back onto the ground.  Before he can make his next move, the beast is upon him again.  This time it grabs Alezander’s ankle and tosses him into nearby rocks.  Though he can command them, rock is still a solid that can damage human flesh.  The impact breaks two more ribs; one punctures his lung.  He will heal, but he needs time to do so and the creature will not afford him this.  It launches itself upon him driving hard hooves into his chest.  Then it balls up its’ hands into fists and begins hammering Alezander’s head, face and torso.  So savage is the attack, that Alezander can barely stay conscious.  Alezander summons rocks and stone to pummel the creature forcing it to cease its attack to defend itself.  Alezander continues his attack as his body begins to heal itself.  The barrage of rock and soil begins to take its toll on the creature as it struggles to evade the onslaught.  Seizing an opportunity, the beast jumps at Lexine knocking her to the ground.  It grabs her with one hand and holds her steadfast.  Seeing Lexine in harms way, Alezander discontinues his attack.  With a wave of his hand, the rocks and soil settle back on the surface.  Alezander stands ready.  The beast moves Lexine between the two of them.  The creature looks into Lexine’s face and snarls a deep angry snarl.  Lexine’s eyes soften as she speaks to the creature, “Father if this is you, then I implore you to forgive me. I did not want this for you or us.  I know I defied your wishes.”  The creature snarls again, but Lexine continues, “I know how lonely you were when mother died.  I miss her as well.  It was out of both of our loss and pain that we depended on each other, but you knew one day I would find love and I love Alezander.”  The creature relaxes its grip on Lexine, still keeping an eye on an anxious Alezander.  Still within the creature’s grip, Lexine turns to Alezander and raises her free hand for him to stop.  Alezander nods reluctantly acknowledging her intent.  Lexine then turns to the beast and softly says,  “Father, I have always loved you and respected you.  I believe you loved me as much as a parent could.  If I have hurt you so much for you to have to come to this, then kill me now!”  Alezander steps in with arms extended,  “No!”  The beast pulls Lexine to one side, leans towards Alezander and emits a loud growl.  Alezander stops in his tracks.  The beast looks at Lexine for a long while, as if it were in the middle of a conflict.  Somewhere inside there was still residue of Ozias, the father.  It grumbles and growls low.  It lifts Lexine into the air by one of her arms, dangling her just out of reach of Alezander.  It holds her so that she can look into its’ face.  Lexine looks beyond the fangs and misshapen bone, beyond the fur and muscle to see the eyes of her father.

To be continued.
© Copyright 2012 Ex! (exbennett1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1880220-Charlotte-Michauds-Earthman