*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1880288-Bengali-Poet-JASIMUDDIN-part-01
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Kunnn
Rated: E · Thesis · Other · #1880288
A Short Biographical Sketch of Poet Jasimuddin
Jasimuddin (1903-1976), a great poet of rural life and nature, is commonly known as Polli Kobi (The Rural Poet) in Bangladesh. He was born on January 1, 1903, in the village of Tambulkhana in Faridpur District. Polli Kobi was not only a poet but also a songwriter, prose writer, flocklore collector and radio personality. Ansaruddin Mollah, who was a school teacher throughout the life, was his father. The poet received his early education at Faridpur Welfare School and matriculated from Faridpur Zilla School in 1921; completed IA from Rajendra College in 1924.

Polli Kobi obtained BA and MA Degree in Bengali from University of Calcutta. A poem Kabar(The Grave) was placed in the Bengali textbook, when he was a student of Calcutta University. His deep involvement in non-communal socio-political movements and along with the interest in nature and rural life made him liberal and brave. He meet Dinesh Chandra Sen , who was a folk literature collector, worked with him.
© Copyright 2012 Kunnn (nilniltara at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1880288-Bengali-Poet-JASIMUDDIN-part-01