*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1880760-Island-Of-Elnaria-Sorry-keep-Re-writing
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Camuel
Rated: ASR · Sample · Fantasy · #1880760
Ok so here is the first sample of Islands of Elnaria, working on the rest at the moment.
Island Of Elnaria


Eric had been a student at the mages college for ten years know and It was time for his final challenge. He couldn't remember much about his childhood as he was brought here when he was very young, he could remember a small town and a little river with a huge green tree hanging over it he was always fascinated with nature and how things worked witch is why his father sent him here to be trained by the magi.
         Eric never had trouble sleeping before but today he was tossing and turning for what seemed like hours before he decided to get up and go for a walk, sitting up he noticed that his two friends that share his room with him were no-were to be seen. The room wasn't by any means big, the four walls were covered in carving made by the people that shared this room before they did shoved up against three of the walls were small straw beds that the students said was like sleeping with the insects due to how itchy they made you and sleeping in this small dank room was hard enough against the other wall was a tall cupboard filled with the students robes and boots. He pulled his legs out from under the animal skin cover that he was using to keep some of the cold out and it slowly began to lick his body. So quickly jumping to his feel the cold jumped from the cold stone floor up though his body and he started shacking all over, rushing over to the cupboard he flung the doors open and pulled on a long blue robe and a pair of black boots and quickly as possible It always took Eric a while to get warmed back up after feeling the cutting cold that lingered in this place. Every student has two drawers built in under there bed Eric pulled on of these open revelling a glove with a glowing blue crystal in the centre he pulled it out and pushed it onto his hand fastening three leather straps round his wrist to hold it in place, he finally pulled up his hood and headed out of the small bedroom.
         Eric walked out into a long stone corridor leading away to the left and right, he turned and headed down to the left reaching a huge spiral staircase leading up out of the darkness into the moonlight night outside. Ascending right to the top of the staircase Eric found himself standing on the great wall that separated the mages section from the rest of the City, The buildings in the mage sector were a little more grandeure looking than the rest of the city and were carved out of moon rock a green stone that glowed with a green light when hit with moonlight and the whole magi quarter of the city was alight with a low green glow. Eric could see down into the civilian sections of the city but students studding magic were not allowed to go out into these areas until they were ready. Eric never understood why but the teachers told him.
“Every student is vulnerable until they are properly trained, we must protect you from outside interference” then they would always trail off and change the subject. But Eric was at the end of his training and if he could pass his final test then he would be allowedd to leave the safety” of the school and go anywhere he wished.
“Don't you worrie we will do fine tomorrow” Eric heard in his head
He looked down at the crystal in his hand and a girls face appeared in it. Eric sat down and put his hand over the crystal.
“OUT!!” He proclaimed and the shadow representation of the girl appeared sitting infrunt of him
“I know we will Sonya, but I can still be nervous” He said meeting her gaze
“We will succeed then we will be free, to go and do what we please” Sonya said with a smile.
Eric smiled and put his hand out infrunt of him “Come on” he said and Sonya turned to shadow once more and merged with the blue crystal.
“Were are we going” Sonya said.
Eric stood and headed back inside descending the stairs and headed back up the corridor, past his room and off into the canteen were he hoped to find his friends.
© Copyright 2012 Camuel (camuelakalin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1880760-Island-Of-Elnaria-Sorry-keep-Re-writing