*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1881034-Demonic-Dawn--Chapter-3
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Fantasy · #1881034
Demonic Dawn- chapter 3. execution.
Morgan stood waiting at the guard tower with Demetri and Kaya. They were still waiting for Sonica, Evi and Levon.

"Where are they?" Said Kaya. "It is almost 6.00am."

"They will be here." Said Demetri.

Just as he did the three of them came around the corner.

"See."

"Sorry we are late." Said Evi.

"Let's go." Said Levon, taking charge as usual.

They all left the village, back down the hall and out of the tree trunk again. The forest seemed darker in the early morning fog. It must have rained the night before because there were dew drops surrounding the trees and the ground was muddy. They walked through the forest until they yet again came up to the large brick wall that separated there world from the cities. Levon shuffled the bricks and went inside then sealed it off again. The trip back through the hunch backed hall seemed longer than usual for them. They appeared back in the city. Since it was still early morning everyone was asleep and the genetics were roaming the area.

"We need to be careful. If we get caught now there will be an unmanageable number of genetics."

They silently ran down the street and down an alleyway avoiding an oncoming genetic. As the sun rose they could hear the early morning goers getting ready to leave for work.

"Move quickly."

They quickly ran down the streets and slid into another alley. Above them was an open
window.

"Get up there."

They carefully climbed up the drain pipe and slipped inside of the window. The house was dark and empty. They went into every room to make sure no one was around before slipping into a bedroom. The room was very large with a king size canopy bed and two large walk in wardrobes one on the right and one on the left.

"Living the life aren't they." Growled Evi.

"Go see what's in the wardrobes."

Evi went to the left while Levon went to the right.

"Female." Said Evi.

"Male." Said Levon. "Demetri come with me and get some clothes to put on. Girls go get
changed into a disguise. It may be the only way we can move around this place freely."

Demetri and Levon entered the walk in robe and closed the door behind them. The other girls came in with Evi and looked around. The wardrobe was full of dresses, wigs, jewellery, hats, scarves, gloves anything imaginable.

"Go put anything on."

Evi went over and tied her hair up into a tight bun and slipped on a curly brown wig and fastened it tightly, she then put on a knee length floral dress, a light cream trench coat, a chunky jewelled necklace, lace cream gloves, a black scarf and a burette. She slipped on a pair of lace floral stockings and large heels before slapping on red lipstick, thick eyeliner and fake eyelashes.

She left the room and was facing a male with slicked back bronze hair in a black suite
with a red tie.

"Levon?"

Levon chuckled at Evi. "Looking good."

"Shut up. It's the best I can do."

The rest of the girls came out at the same time Demetri did. Demetri was wearing glasses, a white suite and black bowtie and his hair was also slicked back and pushed to the side.

"Demetri you will be with Morgan."

Morgan's red hair was replaced with gold wavy hair and her lips were a light purple colour, her eyes popped out with all the eye makeup on. She was wearing a loose purple dress that fell to her knees along with a long black cardigan, a dark purple scarf
matching heels and knee high socks.

"Then I'll go with Evi. Sonica, Kaya and Piper you will be together."

Everyone was in position ready to leave the house in there disguises. Morgan was finishing making sure her samurai swords couldn't be seen inside the pockets of her cardigan.

"Let's go."

All of them left the house and went out into the now busy streets. People where everywhere, some rushing others taking their time. The seven of them tried to stay together but got split up easily in the pack of people. Morgan clung tightly to Demetri's arms so that she wouldn't lose him. They ended up in the main square, a large marble statue sat in the middle. The statue was of Jeremiah Woods, the man that had created the war between the villages and the other cities. The very man that decided to turn people into killing machines.

Morgan grimaced at the statue and was tempted to spit at it but she knew instantly that if she did she would be dead faster than the spit could hit the fountain. Instead of a main hall like back in the village there was a large three story mansion where Jeremiah lived and ruled over his city. There were several genetics out front of the mansion. All around there were people rushing into stores, houses and other various buildings.
The city mainly consisted of four story buildings, apartments, stores and everything. There was very little greenery but mainly fake flowers everywhere in multicoloured pots. If Morgan and Demetri thought they looked stupid then the citizens of the city must have looked ridiculous. A woman passed them wearing a floor length black gown with a matching hat atop her pale green bob of hair. On top of the hat there were mechanical birds flying around it. Then a man passed and instead of a suite he was wearing a gold toga with golden sandals, his hair was also gold and he was wearing what seemed like gold eyeliner and lipstick.

"These people are nuts." Whispered Morgan.

Demetri chuckled and agreed with her. They continued walking around looking at everyone around them. Twice they ran into Levon and Evi who looked just as lost as Morgan and Demetri did. At half past eleven a bell sounded and a loud voice announced itself over the city.

"The public execution of the trespasser will begin in thirty minutes. Everyone is to be present. Thank-You."

Some people froze to listen and continued to walk again as if the news was something they heard everyday and that someone was going to be killed right in front of them was normal.

"we have to go and find the prisoner now. Let's go." Whispered Demetri.

They moved fast through the crowd, getting lots of disapproving looks and words thrown at them. They ended up back in the main square where there were now numerous people gathering in groups followed closely by the genetics. They saw Sonica, Kaya and Piper so they went over to them.

"Do you guys know where Levon and Evi are?" Asked Piper.

"No, why?"

"Well everyone is gathering around here and I can't see them."

It was true. Morgan looked around and could not see the pair of them anywhere.

"Where have they gone?"

"Welcome everybody!" Came a booming voice.

On the third story of the mansion standing on the platform was Jeremiah. He was smiling down at his people. A few of them cheered while the others clapped loudly.

"We have all gathered today to watch the public execution of someone who broke into our humble little city and tried to release the people in our city who have done wrong. But not to worry we caught her and now I present her to you."

A genetic brought out a woman with shoulder length straight dark purple hair and dark purple eyes. Her arms and legs were bound.

"This 'woman' is a witch."

Numerous people in the crowd gasped and muttered.

"So for everyone in this cities safety we will execute her."

Many cheers sounded now at the idea of killing the woman. The genetic put the witch onto the ground at her feet on a brown stool. The genetic took out its sword and lifted it high into the air, the afternoon sun sparkling off of the ruby encrusted in the hilt. The people in the main square were cheering and clapping in agreement to the killing of the witch. At the crowds climax at cheering the genetic was about to bring down to sword when a silver streak shot across the crowd and struck the genetic in the chest causing it to fall backwards and crash onto the ground.

The crowd gasped in unison as the genetic hit the ground. Jeremiah stared shocked at the genetics lifeless body lying on the ground. At the top of the building across from Jeremiah's mansion stood Evi, her wig and costume gone with her bow held in the air.

"Get her!"Shouted Jeremiah.

Numerous genetics ran up onto the building in an attempt to trap Evi. Evi reloaded her bow and show at the first genetic that came up the stairs; it tumbled back down the stairs and out into the street. More genetics came harder and faster at Evi. The top of the building where she stood was now overcome completely with the armoured killers. One of the genetics grabbed Evi around the wait, Evi struggled against the genetic but couldn't free herself. The genetic carried her down the stairs but collapsed once he got out on the street. Morgan stood in the doorway, her costume and wig also missing. Her samurai swords pointing at the genetic that stood behind the other one who was carrying Evi.

Evi fell to the ground along with the genetic but got back up again the moment the genetic fell. She loaded her bow and shot a genetic that was left at the top of the building. Levon ran in and stuck his sword into another one. The crowd that had formed in the main square had all left to find somewhere safe. Jeremiah was still standing on his podium guarded by two genetics on either side of him.

One genetic decided to go and get the witch before she could escape but he was slammed to the ground by Piper, her hand alight and crackling. Kaya ran over and stood on the podium where the witch was lying, her arms and legs bound along with her mouth covered so she could not speak or move. Kaya stood in front of her while Levon came in and cut her bounds.

The witch got up and rubbed her arms and legs where the bounds once were. All the genetics that were fighting now lay lifeless on the ground, blood puddling from their chests and heads. Jeremiah was still watching the fighters who were all now running towards the witch and checking to make sure she wasn't hurt. He grinned at them.

"Very nice fighting you did there." He said.

Evi loaded her bow and let it go; sending it spiralling to his Jeremiah square in the head but it was blocked by a force field at surrounded his podium.

"Nice try. But I need the best protection."

"Let's get out of here." Said Levon, running towards the streets along wtih everyone
else.

"Not this time."

A barrier appeared blocking all the streets so that the only place they could access was the round city square. They looked up at Jeremiah with pure hate in their eyes.

"You see, i am sick and tired of having to try and keep your kind out of my city. You have been killing off all of my genetics and causing problems in my city. Very soon I am going to have to start getting normal people in the city and turn them into genetics. I am running out of children."

Again Evi shot an arrow which just rebounded off of the barrier.

"You are a very feisty one aren't you? Prefer to speak with weapons instead of your words. You remind me alot of myself actually."

"Shut up!" Shouted Morgan.

Jeremiah looked at her now instead.

"You're quite pretty. It's a shame that you are a pest to me."

Demetri and Levon both growled at Jeremiah.

"Well I think that is enough polite conversation. It is time to finish you all."

Jeremiah snapped his fingers and hundreds of genetics came inside of the barriers and stood in a large circle around them. Along with the genetics there were large dogs that growled and barked at them. Sonica eyed the dogs then chuckled. She morphed into a large chocolate brown dog with pale green eyes.

"Are you guys ready?" Asked Levon.

"Of course." Said Evi, loading her bow.

"Always." Said Demetri pulling out his sword.

"Ready!" Shouted Kaya grabbing her axes.

"I'm ready." Pipers hand lit up when she said it.

"Let's go!" Shouted Morgan running forward.
© Copyright 2012 Red-Roses-1327 (red-roses-1327 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1881034-Demonic-Dawn--Chapter-3