*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1881315-Existence-Prologue
Rated: · Other · Action/Adventure · #1881315
Another novel I am writing called Existence. This is the prologue.

'Humans. Pitiful creatures that walk this Earth. Thinking they own it.'

Dominic walked down the crowded streets of New York, his head bowed so that his chestnut bangs fell into his eyes. People pushed past him, their heads also bowed against the stampede of people that crowded towns square. Some women looked back as they passed him, mouths hanging open and eyes shining from the lights overhead as they ogled at his physique and facial features.

A heavily built man smashed into Dominic causing him to stumble slightly towards the road, a passing by taxi skimming past him. The man looked at Dominic with pure anger and hatred in his eyes.

"Watch where you are going!" Shouted the man, grinning slightly as the other men behind him growled at Dominic and repeated what he said.

Dominic regained himself and continued to walk down the busy street the men could still be heard yelling after him, but Dominic had long since learnt to ignore it.
He turned down the first side street he saw and escaped the crowd into a mildly filled alley that was heavily covered in graffiti and gang symbols. He continued down the alley and entered a new street which was almost empty. Where sky rise apartments stood, sparkling in all their glory.

Dominic went forward and was bowed to by a doorman as he entered. He went to the elevator, scanning a white card with red writing and a small lotus flower in the right hand corner. He scanned the number 243 then went upwards. Finally stopping at a long hall which was dimly lit, walking to the end of the hallway and opening the door to room 437. He dumped his card in the bowl beside the door then went through the living room and straight to his bedroom where he locked the door behind him and stood in front of the wall length floor to roof window. Staring out into the shining lights of the city that never sleeps, leaning against the window frame and staring at the star strewn sky. The sky that was always unknown to the people of New York.

The star strewn sky that held life's mysteries along with the mysteries of his own existence.
© Copyright 2012 Red-Roses-1327 (red-roses-1327 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1881315-Existence-Prologue